Join Sookie's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaShadrack is a responsible, hardworking and enterprising man from the Eldoret area of Kenya. He is 23 years old, married and the father of one child. While her wife does sho...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- BakeryGuatemalaDavid is 33 years old. He is married, but he does not have children yet. He lives together with his wife in the community of Cantón Maz. With enthusiasm and care, David is ...Read their story >Funding via ADICLA
- Electrical GoodsEgyptNagah is 42, married, and has four children. She has a small electric supplies project that she started along with her husband to provide a constant source of income for th...Read their story >Funding via Together Association for Development and Environment
- DairyKenyaHello! Meet Alice, an ever-smiling young farmer who is responsible and has had to overcome many difficulties through her life. However, she has always found the strength to...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- Motorcycle TransportKenyaJavan is an ambitious married man with 1 child. He has transported customers using his motorcycle for 5 years. His business is located in a good area and his primary custom...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
Kiva lenders, like Sookie, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,263 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.