Join Sookie's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Grocery StoreIndiaTulsi is a 46-year-old married woman from a small village in Khagrabari, Cooch Behar district. She lives there with her husband only. They both studied until grade five.
Read their story >Funding via Belghoria Janakalyan Samity
- TailoringIndiaBanita, standing to the left-hand side of the photograph, is a differently abled lady and a widow woman who lives with her brother's family. She took over the family's resp...Read their story >Funding via People's Forum
- FarmingEl SalvadorJacoba is 59 years old and has been a single mother of six children who are now grown. Only one daughter lives with her. She has been making a living by selling clothing fo...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- Fruits & VegetablesArmeniaMeet Marat, a 42 year old retailer from Darpas village. Marat retails fruit and vegetables and, thanks to his business, provides a daily living for his family of 5. He is a...Read their story >Funding via SEF International
- General StoreMozambiqueCassamo is 42 years old. He is a businessman, and a barber. He is married, and the father of three children, one of whom studies. The remaining two are still underage. He o...Read their story >Funding via Hluvuku-Adsema
Kiva lenders, like Sookie, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,173 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.