Join Sookie's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- ClothingParaguayReinaldo is from the city of Corenel Oviedo, and he owns a clothing store, where he has worked for over five years. He has very good sales because he has regular customers...Read their story >
- AgricultureVietnamBinh is standing first from the right in the picture. She is married and lives with her husband and a 17-year-old son. She did not go to school so she cannot read or write...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesBoliviaThe “Aromeñitas” loan group will begin its first loan cycle with Pro Mujer, as part of the Centro Focal Copacabana. The group is made up of eight members, and is managed by...Read their story >
- FarmingTajikistanJamila is a native of J.Balkhi. She has a caring husband and wonderful children. Her husband works in construction, her daughter is a teacher in a school, her older son wen...Read their story >
- Sporting Good SalesColombia53-year-old Dora is an entrepreneur in the capital of the country who started her own business in 2016. She had been working in a store selling activewear where she learned...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Sookie, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,657 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.