Join Sookie's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Products SalesPhilippinesCecila is a 63-year-old married woman with eight children; one child is still in school. She is a very hard working entrepreneur who has a "buy-and-sell" personal care prod...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- AgricultureArmeniaArmenuhi is 43 years old and lives in Lchashen village of Gegharkunik region. She lives with her son and also has a daughter who is already married, and she lives with her ...Read their story >Funding via Nor Horizon Universal Credit Organization Limited Liability Company
- CattleColombiaWilfredo is 44 years old and is a happily married man. He lives in the municipality of Nariño with his wife and his two daughters, a beautiful family that makes him so happ...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- Personal Housing ExpensesBoliviaJavier is a retired man, who lives alone and needs a loan to fix his house. With the passing of time, the building has deteriorated and Javier needs to pay for repairs. He...Read their story >Funding via IMPRO
- FarmingEl SalvadorMarvin only managed to study until 9th grade. His life partner works as a tailor. They have two children who are little and depend on them both. Marvin has been farming si...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
Kiva lenders, like Sookie, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,830 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.