Join Sookie's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- TailoringPakistanSaima is a 28-year-old woman. She lives in Sialkot, Pakistan. She supports her family through her tailoring business. She has been working as a tailor for the past year.
Read their story >Funding via JWS Pakistan
- PropertyGuatemalaLucía is a 50-year-old woman who is married and lives in the town of Sololá. She is known in her community for showing sincerity, responsibility and perseverance before any...Read their story >Funding via ADICLA
- Personal Housing ExpensesCambodiaNOEUN 24 year old is a construction worker who living in the K'aek Pong Village, Tang Sya Commune, Phnum Sruoch District, KAMPONG SPEU Province. He is a father of one depen...Read their story >Funding via Hattha Kaksekar Limited (HKL)
- RickshawPakistanKiran bb is a 25-year-old woman. She lives in Lahore, Pakistan. She is a responsible mother with one child. She is standing with her brother-in-law in this photo. She is ta...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- FarmingKenyaSalome is a 38-year-old proud mother of six children. She is a group leader, often described as a very hardworking individual, and is representing her group of eight farmer...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
Kiva lenders, like Sookie, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,272 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.