Join Annette's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal ExpensesMozambiqueArlindo is 33 years old and has no children. He is in the military and lives in military housing.
He plans to use the loan to pay for travel expenses to his hom...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesIndonesiaGood day lenders! Meet one of KBMI’s clients, Sartini. She is fifty-one years old and married with one son. Sartini and her husband have been working as traders for ten yea...Read their story >
- WeavingThailandSureerat is a married woman who lives with her father, husband, and children in a Khmer community in Surin Province, Northeast Thailand. Her family currently makes a living...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaThis season is not the first one that Hellen is working alongside One Acre Fund. She has been a member since 2016 and, although she is the only person featured in the above...Read their story >
- General StoreTimor-LesteAmilcar is a modest and a hardworking man with a great understanding of business. He resides in a very simple house with his family. Amilcar has a general store, which is l...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Annette, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,241 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.