Join SP's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaZipporah (a first time Kiva borrower) is a hard working woman and a living proof that hard work and perseverance are the key ingredients of success. She lives with her fami...Read their story >
- JewelryEl SalvadorAna keeps working in her jewelry business and sale of other accessories. She is planning a new investment and needs working capital. For that reason, she has applied for an...Read their story >
- General StoreKenyaSharon, 25, is a single mother two young children who are five and three years old. Her retail shop business is able to support her family and occasionally other members of...Read their story >
- General StoreSolomon IslandsNaelyn is a 50-year-old woman who is a widow with three children. They live in a community in Honiara, capital of Solomon Island.
She runs a small general store...Read their story >
- Fuel/FirewoodCongo (DRC)Mrs. Clementine is a client of Hekima MFI and is the president of the village group "MSINGI BORA". She is married, 37 years old and mother of 4 children who are all in sch...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like SP, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,696 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.