Join SP's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- RetailJordanRaaeda is a 37-year-old married Jordanian woman. Her husband is the breadwinner of the house. He works in the nutrition sector.
Due to the rising prices and the...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesNicaraguaMaría is a 38-year-old merchant, the mother of two children. She has worked making and selling tortillas for two years. Since she was a single mother in search of sustenanc...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesEgyptYasmine is 24; she is married and has a little kid, and her husband works in another governorate (Cairo), and she lives in a small rural village. She says that because of t...Read their story >
- Shoe SalesParaguayThis group is composed of 16 women, all of them heads of households who fight for their families. They do this to offer their families everything they couldn't have and so ...Read their story >
- Cosmetics SalesEcuadorMariela Elizabeth is in a relationship and has three children. She lives with her family in the city of Manta. The city has beautiful scenery, and it is know for the tuna...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like SP, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,999 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.