Join Matt's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Housing ExpensesMozambiqueSimão is a 40-year-old gentleman who was born in the province of Maputo. He lives common-law and is the father of of 3 children who are minors and attend primary school. He...Read their story >
- AgricultureKenyaPaul is a 66-year-old maize farmer in Ol'Lessos, Kenya. In addition to farming his core crop, he currently has one cow on his land.
Paul has struggled in the pa...Read their story >
- FarmingHondurasJose lives in the community of Vajillales with his family. He is a farmer and raises pigs and grows coffee as his main source of income.
He grows high quality c...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesTajikistanMehrbonu is thankful for your support and kindness. She earned a good income and is very satisfied with her previous loan.
Mehrbonu would like to turn to you for...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaHellen, pictured above, has been a farmer for 10 years, and is now proud to represent her group of 10 farmers in Alego District. She is 28 years old, married and has 3 chil...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Matt, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,667 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.