Join Sunday's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- AgricultureKenyaAgnes is a married woman with 5 children.
She operates a farm where she grows maize and other crops. She has been involved in this business for 10 years. Her bu...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- Grocery StoreGuatemalaMrs. Eva Kelita has a shop for daily consumption products like corn, sugar, beans, rice by quintal and pound. She also sells chicken by the pound, cheese, cream, plain soap...Read their story >Funding via FAPE
- FarmingSamoaSimolo is 25 years old and single with no children. She has a small plantation where she grows taro and bananas that she can sell in her community or at the market. She has...Read their story >Funding via South Pacific Business Development (SPBD) - Samoa
- ServicesHondurasGladis is 41 years old. She is single and has no children. She lives at home with her mama. She has been selling varied goods and used clothing daily for six years, to her ...Read their story >Funding via Prisma Honduras
- FarmingSamoaMakerita is a 67-year-old mother with six children and has a small business of selling vegetables (cabbage, eggplant, cucumbers) in her community to earn a living.
Read their story >Funding via South Pacific Business Development (SPBD) - Samoa
Kiva lenders, like Sunday, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,115 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.