Join Sunday's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Clothing SalesKenyaOlive is a married woman. She has four children. She operates a retail business where she sells clothes and sweets. She has been involved in this business for nine years. H...Read their story >
- Farm SuppliesMyanmar (Burma)Those in the picture are Kyi, Nyunt, Myo and Zaw from Taung Kone – 2 (C) Village Group, in Mahlaing Township, Myanmar.
The second person from the right in the pi...Read their story >
- CerealsKenyaGreetings from Kapsowar, Kenya! Margaret is a smallholder farmer full of dreams and aspirations in her life. She resides in a remote village in the lush hills of Kapsowar, ...Read their story >
- General StoreMozambiqueZaituna is 45 years old. She is married and has nine children, five of whom depend on her and are in primary and secondary school, and four of whom are adults who work and ...Read their story >
- LivestockTajikistanMirzosho is a man of middle age, 44 years. He is married and has several children. His family consists of seven and he is the breadwinner of the family. He works hard every...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Sunday, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,585 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.