Join Sunday's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Clothing SalesEl SalvadorRosa is 47 years old and a single mother of 2 children who are in basic education. She puts great effort into her work to help them get ahead.
Rosa sells clothin...Read their story >
- Fruits & VegetablesPalestineMahmud, who appears in the photo, is a 32-years-old from village near Bethlehem, West Bank. He is a married man lives with his wife and two adorable kids, he is the sole pr...Read their story >
- Fuel/FirewoodBurkina FasoMs. AZARA represents the group called AVEC NOUS. A married woman, she is the mother of seven children. The oldest is 30, and the youngest is 12. One child is attending scho...Read their story >
- LivestockEcuadorLuis is 47 years old and single. He is known for being humble and hard-working. He lives with his four children. Andrés is 16, Johnny is 13, Ana is 11, and Gabriel is 8....Read their story >
- Higher education costsPalestineMuhammad, who appears in the photo, is 20 years old and from Nablus in the West Bank. He is a student at a local university; he is studying business administration and is e...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Sunday, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,607 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.