Join Sunday's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Clothing SalesSierra LeoneHawa leads a group of five members in Sapantime Group. She is shown in the middle of the picture.
Hawa, a 41-year-old married woman, is a mother of two children...Read their story >Funding via Association for Rural Development (ARD)
- Clothing SalesPalestineSuha is 36 years old and lives in Bethlehem City in the West Bank. She has seven adorable children and she is trying so hard to provide for her family. Her husband is a con...Read their story >Funding via Palestine for Credit & Development (FATEN)
- General StorePhilippinesElenita owns and operates a sari-sari (variety) store. She sells merchandise like eggs, cooking oil, seasonings, matches, coffee, powdered milk, pouch vinegar, soap, shampo...Read their story >Funding via Community Economic Ventures, Inc. (CEVI)
- PigsPhilippinesMyrna has always had an enthusiasm for business. She has made use of her backyard in Sindangan in the Philippines to raise pigs and has good earnings doing this type of wo...Read their story >Funding via Paglaum Multi-Purpose Cooperative (PMPC)
- Farm SuppliesGuatemalaJose is very grateful for the support he has received, because the loans he has been granted have allowed him to gradually improve his crops and his financial situation.
Read their story >Funding via ADICLA
Kiva lenders, like Sunday, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,699 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.