Join Shelley's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- RetailParaguayThe "Kuña Rory" group is in its 11th loan cycle in the enterprising women's group program, in which everyone works and helps each other to go forward.
One of th...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaBeutres is 66 years old and is often referred to as a really friendly person. As a group leader, she is representing her group in Kakamega B (North) District, formed by 14 ...Read their story >
- CerealsKenyaMeet Judith, a 40-year-old mom of 6 pictured in her simple house, who has ventured into farming. On her farm she has dairy cows and a small garden.
Filled with d...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesAime Ann is from the town of Malabuyoc, in Cebu. She is a mother of two and her partner drives a motorcycle to provide for them. Aime Ann is engaged in the sari-sari (conve...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesMarivic is 32 years old, married, and has three children. With all three of her children in school, she works very hard to provide for her family.
Marivic runs ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Shelley, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 8,671 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.