Join Shelley's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- AgricultureCongo (Dem. Rep.)Aimé's career is teaching, but in view of the fact that most of the time this profession is contemptible and poorly paid, he says that he has started growing onions to giv...Read their story >
- DairyKenyaNjogu is married to a lady called Eunice. They are blessed with three children aged between 13 and 17.
Njogu is a dairy cow farmer who likes his business very m...Read their story >
- TailoringPakistanKaneez, age 35, is a married woman.
She is a hardworking and brave mother who is helping her family by providing tailoring services in her community. Being a mo...Read their story >
- General StoreKenyaJacob is a married man who describes himself as being ambitious. He operates a retail business where he sells sugar, bread, flour, soap, and other items. Jacob has been i...Read their story >
- RickshawPakistanFaiza is a thirty year old lady living with her spouse and three daughters in the area of Lahore, Pakistan. She is pictured with her husband.
She wants to save ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Shelley, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,507 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.