Join Shelley's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Butcher ShopColombiaIngrid is from a town in the department of Bolívar. She owns land for breeding cattle and pigs in the rural area of the municipality.
Ingrid wanted to start a ...Read their story >
- FishingPhilippinesTita is a married woman who is 48 years old and hqs four children. She is a very hardworking entrepreneur.
Tita has a fishing business in the Philippines. Tita r...Read their story >
- TailoringPakistanAyesha is 27 years old and is from Sialkot, Pakistan. She is a hardworking mother of two young children. She works hard to ensure a good life for them. Her husband’s income...Read their story >
- PubUgandaWilson is an old client in the institution and is applying for a loan of 2,000,000 UGX. Wilson is 60 years old and is married. He has 6 children and 2 grand children whom h...Read their story >
- Personal Medical ExpensesMexicoJesús is from Nuevo Laredo, Tamaulipas, a city where he lives with his wife, Bertha, and a 5-year-old son. To get his family ahead, he has worked at a transportation busine...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Shelley, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,687 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.