Join Shauna's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingNicaraguaMarvin is a man of 36 years of age. He is honest and committed. For 20 years, he has worked in producing corn and beans and selling dairy products in the community where he...Read their story >
- HardwareEgyptBadawe is 54. He is married and has three sons and two daughters. His wife is a housewife.
Badawe has a small paint project. He previously asked for a loan and h...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesSamoaAfiafi is 20 years old and has one child. She owns and operates a small business cooking and selling BBQ in her community to earn a living.
Afiafi needs a loan ...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesSamoaLosi is a 41-year-old mother with 1 child. She runs a small business selling ice cakes in her community to earn a living. She is so excited to make more ice cakes per day t...Read their story >
- BeveragesRwandaJonas is 37 years old, married and has six children. He lives happily with his wife in the north of the country, and his children like him very much because he always plays...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Shauna, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,963 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.