Join Shauna's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- AgricultureMoldovaGhennadi thanks Kiva lenders for the previous loan that helped him to buy currant seedlings to start a business in agriculture. Due to this, he was able to start his own bu...Read their story >
- DairyKyrgyzstanThis lovely woman is Baktygul. She is 60 years old and married, and all her children are adults. She has secondary education. In her nature she is empathetic and benevolent...Read their story >
- DairyKenyaTabitha is happily married with a supportive family. She runs a dairy farm to help support her family’s daily basic needs. Her farm creates employment for casual laborers a...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesTajikistanMehrbonu is thankful for your support and kindness. She earned a good income and is very satisfied with her previous loan.
Mehrbonu would like to turn to you for...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesCambodiaSary is 55 years old and is a married woman with three children. She is a distiller. Her husband is a farmer who raise and sells pigs. She has been running this business fo...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Shauna, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,634 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.