Join Shauna 's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Motorcycle TransportTanzaniaMoses, who is in his late thirties, is married, and he operates a commercial motorbike to earn a living. He started working in a small workshop that repairs and sells motor...Read their story >
- FarmingPhilippinesBella comes from the village of Canicapan, Clarin, Misamis Occidental. Bella is engaged in farming, rice production which is the main source of their income. Her husband wo...Read their story >
- FarmingArmeniaGet to know this nice farmer Sofia, 46. Sofia is from the Syunik region where she lives with her husband Vardan, 48, and son Gagik, 18. This family wins their daily bread t...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesTajikistanRohila is a 29-year-old resident of the Shahrituz region. In Shahrituz, the majority of residents do agricultural work, but Rohila has chosen a business in another sphere. ...Read their story >
- TailoringKenyaSharon is a Kiva borrower. She has 3 children and she describes herself as honest. She operates a tailoring shop where she makes clothes. Her business is located in a good ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Shauna , combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,915 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.