Join Shauna's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaAndrew is 30 years old and he is blessed with a wife and children. His wife runs a mobile money transaction service while he engages in farming.
To increase his...Read their story >
- RetailCongo (DRC)Prisilla's husband is a farmer. Thanks to revenue from oignon and cassava root harvests in 2017, he started up a business selling various food products which Prisilla is cu...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesRose Ann is 32 years old, and married with a child.
She works hard to provide for her family. She runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a PHP 20,...Read their story >
- CerealsBurkina FasoMarieta is a 32 year old married woman and the mother of 3 children. She has been selling cereals and juices for the past 5 years. She is asking for a loan to buy sacks of ...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesNicaraguaAdriana is a 32 year old merchant. She learned this line of work when she helped her mother sell new clothes. With the passage of time her mother stopped selling, and Adr...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Shauna, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,227 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.