Join Peter's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- BakeryBoliviaRosa is 26 years old. She is a single mother to her young son. She lives in a rented house in the Cuatro Cañadas, in Santa Cruz de la Sierra city in Bolivia. In the photo, ...Read their story >
- Personal ExpensesTajikistanAnorhol is a married woman from the Khuroson region. She is the mother of 2 children. Anorhol sews women’s clothing. She has been offering her services for 15 years and mak...Read their story >
- AgricultureHondurasGerson is a hard-working 33-year-old man. He is single with 2 children and lives with his parents and children in the municipality of La Flecha, Santa Barbara. He has been...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaPictured above is Pamella, often described as an extremely hardworking individual. She is 46 years old and has 6 children. As a group leader, she is representing her group ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaKeith is 54 years old and has four children. He has been a farmer for more than 20 years and is always said to be a very trustworthy person. Even though Keith is the only o...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Peter, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,740 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.