Join Pamela's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StoreColombiaYefferson is a young, 20-year-old bachelor. He started up a deli in order to buy a house in the near future and give it to his mother as a sign of thanks for all the suppor...Read their story >
- Home EnergyNicaraguaWilliam is married with three children. He works as a farmer and grows beans and corn.
In the community where William lives there is no electricity, so he is in...Read their story >
- Construction SuppliesKosovoHaki is 42 years old. He is a father of three children between ages of 10 and 5 years old. He is a hardworking man who works all day long in construction to provide for his...Read their story >
- Cosmetics SalesLebanonNorma is 46 years old married woman and mother of three children; two of them are still attending school. She cooperates with her husband to fulfill the family needs and pa...Read their story >
- Animal SalesTajikistanBahromjon is a 32-year-old resident of Gafurov, Tajikistan. He is married and a caregiver for two children - a son and a daughter. Bahromjon is the provider for food and ot...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Pamela, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,890 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.