Join Pamela's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Spare PartsKenyaSammy is a happily married man to one wife and they are blessed with four children. He is 39 years old. He sells motorbike spare parts for a living and supports his family ...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesCambodiaChanly is 55 years old and is a widowed woman living with her son. She sells clothes while her son works as a construction worker. Chanly also runs another business, sellin...Read their story >
- Personal Products SalesPhilippinesAs a married parent of two children, Doriza works hard to support her family.
She has an Avon dealership business in the Philippines.
Doriza is borro...Read their story >
- FarmingEl SalvadorLuis studied up to the 3rd grade in school, is partnered, and some of his children now live on their own.
Luis has worked in agriculture since he was a boy. In a...Read their story >
- PharmacySierra LeoneBoston is a 38 year old man and is married with 2 children. He runs a Pharmacy store on Blama town.
Boston has been in this business since 2009 and sells parace...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Pamela, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,142 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.