Join Pamela's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- TailoringPakistanFozia is a 35 year old woman, living with her family in the area of Gujrat, Pakistan. She runs a women's cloth tailoring business at her home. She has been working in this ...Read their story >
- Used ShoesKenyaJackline is a married mother of three children who attend school. She lives at a rental house that has electricity and piped water. Her greatest monthly expense is school f...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesPakistanTasleem is a 45-year-old woman living with her spouse in the area of Multan, Pakistan. She is a mother of five children. She runs a women's fancy clothing sales business in...Read their story >
- Animal SalesMaliZana Kary is a sheep farmer. He is 45 years old and lives in Mali. He is married and father to three children, two girls and a boy aged between two and six years old. It is...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesKenyaUnice is a married mother of one child who attends school. She lives in a rental house that has electricity and piped water. School fees are her greatest monthly expense.
Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Pamela, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,507 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.