Join Kylie Willison's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- LivestockMyanmar (Burma)The tallest man wearing a traditional Myanmar skirt is Thein, who is 49 years old. He is married and the father of two children; one is a student and the other helps with h...Read their story >
- FarmingHondurasLelis, 37 years old, lives in the community of San Juan, which belongs to the municipality called Santa Barbará, with his family. He has worked growing pepper for 16 years,...Read their story >
- PoultryEl SalvadorDavid studied until high school. His wife helps him on the farm and in the vegetable garden. David has been growing vegetables for two years. He learned this work from a ne...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesEllen is 49 years old and is married with nine children, four of whom are in school. Ellen works very hard to provide for them.
Ellen runs a general store in the...Read their story >
- Personal PurchasesLebanonRabih is a 33-year-old married father of one child. He is a Syrian refugee. He got employed, almost a year ago, as a mechanic to cover his family's needs and expenses.
Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Kylie Willison, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,515 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.