Join Kylie Willison's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Farm SuppliesEl SalvadorJosé has decided to ask for a new loan because he needs capital to plant basic grains. He will buy improved corn and bean seed, as well as fertilizer and herbicide. He will...Read their story >Funding via PADECOMSM
- Animal SalesAzerbaijanMahmud is 23 years old and he is a refugee from Bilasuvar region. He is married and has one son and one daughter. Mahmud's family is a large family, because he also support...Read their story >Funding via Aqroinvest Credit Union
- Food Production/SalesUgandaJustus is involved in a business whereby he buys cassava and maize, which he grinds into flour for selling to his customers. He enjoys his business, having discovered that ...Read their story >Funding via HOFOKAM Ltd., a partner of Catholic Relief Services
- Internet CafeEl SalvadorJuan was in school until grade 9. He is married, and his wife is a merchant. He has four children, only one of whom lives with them; the others live apart. Juan has run a ...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- Beauty SalonPakistanIrshad is a 59-year-old woman living with her spouse and one son in the area of Multan, Pakistan. In the photo, Irshad is the lady standing who raised the hand and the oth...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
Kiva lenders, like Kylie Willison, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,743 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.