Join Julie's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food Production/SalesSamoaLuaipoualiki is 34 years old and married with 5 children. She runs a small business selling pancakes,pork buns,donuts,coffee etc in her community and has been doing this fo...Read their story >Funding via South Pacific Business Development (SPBD) - Samoa
- AgricultureKenyaTecla is a married woman. She has 4 children. She describes herself to be focused. She operates a farm where she keeps cows and also grows vegetables. She has been involved...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- RetailBurundiFrançois is a member of the borrowing group Humura. He is 37 and lives in Gitega with his wife Jacqueline, who is a farmer. Together, they have three children, one of whom ...Read their story >Funding via Turame Community Finance
- CerealsPhilippinesSonia is 47-years old, married with three children. She works hard to provide for her family. She runs a buy and sell rice business in the Philippines. She has requested ...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
- RetailColombiaWith his food cart business, Jose intends to obtain a dignified living. He is 68 years old and is a resident of the municipality of Bello.
He is reque...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
Kiva lenders, like Julie, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,570 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.