Join Julie's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- LivestockMaliIn the photograph, Amadou is the one holding the animals. He is 51 years old and lives in a rural area in Mali with his family. He is the father of three children, aged 5 t...Read their story >
- CattleEl SalvadorJose is 67 years old. He is in a relationship and has two children. One emigrated to the United States and the other one is married and lives elsewhere.
Jose m...Read their story >
- General StoreKenyaWincate is a married woman. She has one child. She operates a retail business where she sells sugar, soda, bread, flour and other items. She has been involved in this busin...Read their story >
- FarmingKenya“When small-scale farmers are given access to credit, they are very hardworking,” says Agnes, a farmer of both crops and livestock. For the past five years, she has been ac...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaMargaret is a 30-year-old proud mother of 6 children. She is a group leader, often described as a very friendly person, and is representing her group of 7 farmers in Teso ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Julie, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,634 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.