Join Julie's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Clothing SalesNicaraguaFatima del Carmen (the third from the left, wearing the gray sweater) has been a client of Pro Mujer in Nicaragua for seven months. She is the leader of the group Dulce Dic...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaEsther (38-year-old mom of 2 school-going children) is an inspiring woman who lives in Nyeri in the central region of Kenya. She is a very hardworking farmer engaged in mix...Read their story >
- Grocery StoreJordanBassam started by opening a grocery store. This was a decade ago and his interest in succeeding is even older. He remembers the days when he used to learn from his dad the ...Read their story >
- AgricultureKenyaNelly is 32 years old, married and blessed with four children whom she supports. She has been into livestock farming and poultry business for the last 15 years and earns a ...Read their story >
- CommunicationsBrazilThe leader of the group is Paulo. He is married and lives in a rented house in one of the communities of São Paulo.
After he suffered a serious accident, he had ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Julie, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 820 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.