Join Julie's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Home EnergyPalestineAhmad, 30 years old, is from Jabalia, Gaza Strip. He lives with his wife and one adorable child. Ahmad is the sole provider for his family, which relies on his income to ma...Read their story >
- General StoreKenyaCorlince is a hardworking young woman born in the year 1998. She runs a shop for a living, and she enjoys offering services to people. She sells foodstuffs and general hous...Read their story >
- Charcoal SalesTajikistanSodikjon is a hard-working 41-year-old man who lives in a rural area. He is married, and his wife is a homemaker. He has 3 children, who go to school. They are wonderful st...Read their story >
- Butcher ShopMaliKONAHAN is a Malian woman, 42 years old, who has worked as a butcher for four years in a small village in Mali. She is married and the mother of four children, aged 10 to 2...Read their story >
- Higher education costsPalestineJadallah is a 21-years-old from Ramallah, West Bank. He studies Business Administration at his local university, where he tries hard to be distinguished to make his parents...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Julie, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,746 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.