Join Julie's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- LivestockPakistanSaima Kousar is a woman of 40 years of age. She is involved in the livestock business with her husband, at subsistence level. She lives in a small village near Gujranwala, ...Read their story >Funding via Jinnah Welfare Society (JWS)
- Clothing SalesGuatemalaSanta Lucía Utatlán is a municipality in the Department of Solola where the population is mainly Maya Quiché. Outside of the town, seven women who share common goals and dr...Read their story >Funding via Friendship Bridge
- Clothing SalesKenyaMagret is a widow with five children. She lives in a village in Kisumu town. Magret imports shoes and bags from neighboring countries and sells them in her village. She has...Read their story >Funding via Kenya ECLOF
- FarmingCambodiaLim is a 59-year-old, who lives in the Kampong Chhnang Province of Cambodia, with his wife and three children. Since 2000, he and his wife have been working as rice farmers...Read their story >Funding via KREDIT Microfinance Institution
- General StoreColombiaAdriana is the head of her family and currently unemployed. Currently she is looking to the Kiva community for economic support which would permit her to start her own stor...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
Kiva lenders, like Julie, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,220 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.