Join Julie's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- BakeryPalestineSameer is a young man who wants to achieve his dream, which is making his bakery shop well known and attracting many customers.
Sameer is asking for a loan from...Read their story >Funding via Alibdaa Microfinance
- Personal Housing ExpensesEl SalvadorElida is 43 years old and a single mother who lives in her own home with her four children. She works selling personal care products. With the income she has obtained thr...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
- TransportationGeorgiaAleksandre, who is a 26-year-old married man, lives in Dusheti district. He has a wife and 2-year-old daughter. Aleksandre works as a distributor of food products. His sala...Read their story >Funding via LLC Micro Finance Organization Credo
- General StoreColombiaLuz Mila is a single mother who has worked her whole life to provide for her children. She lives in Bosa, a neighborhood in the capital, and owns a mini-store where she sel...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Mario Santo Domingo (FMSD)
- FarmingEl SalvadorThe young man, who has its face pixelated because he is 21 years old and he lives in a high risk area, makes a living fishing and growing corn, beans and sorghum. Thanks to...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
Kiva lenders, like Julie, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,718 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.