Join Julie's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- BricksEcuadorDora Zoila and her family live in the canton of Montecristi, a place of honest people who are dedicated to their farm and handcraft work. It is an area that is still suffe...Read their story >
- CerealsKenyaEverlyne is a 48-year-old mother of two children living in Busia, one of the most amazing places to visit in Kenya. She is a woman who is amazingly talented when it comes t...Read their story >
- DairyKyrgyzstanMavdjuda is 27 years old and not married. She has a high-school education. By her nature she is hard-working, goal-oriented, and enterprising. She knows the ins and outs of...Read their story >
- CattleTajikistanYosuman is a hardworking and modest woman. She is married and has 2 children. Along with her fellow villagers from the area of Khuroson, Yosuman is engaged in a typical rur...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesPhilippinesRosemarie is a married woman with five children. She is a very hardworking entrepreneur.
Rosemarie has a food vending business in the Philippines. Rosemarie requ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Julie, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,176 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.