Join Judy Webster's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Fuel/FirewoodTimor-LesteCarlos is 42 and married with 3 children. He has a kiosk that he started in 2019, where many people come to buy goods every day. Running his business has made Carlos indepe...Read their story >
- RetailSolomon IslandsSalome wants to thank her Kiva lenders for their support with her previous loan, which had enabled her to purchase additional food items for her marketing business.
<...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaThis season is not the first one that Wilfred is working alongside One Acre Fund. He has been a member for a few years now, having joined the program in 2017 and, although ...Read their story >
- Cloth & Dressmaking SuppliesTajikistanIsmoil is a 62-year-old man from the town of Yavan. He is married and has three children. He is a quick-witted man and has already achieved a lot in life. Twelve years ago...Read their story >
- Shoe SalesKenyaFelistus is 28 years old. She is a happily-married woman who is blessed with a loving spouse and a nine-year-old daughter. Felistus and her husband operate various business...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Judy Webster, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,738 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.