Join Judy Webster's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Housing ExpensesPhilippinesLany, 47 years old, is juggling a business and supervising the renovation of her home. Lany hopes to live comfortably in a house with good roofing supported by her loan of ...Read their story >Funding via Paglaum Multi-Purpose Cooperative (PMPC)
- UtilitiesEl SalvadorMarta went to school till 6th grade She is single and her children are already adults and live apart. A niece lives with her, who studies at university.
Marta se...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- Clothing SalesUgandaBetty lives in Hoima, Uganda. She is aged thirty six, a married hard working lady who likes creating a sustainable source of income. She ventured into selling of clothes su...Read their story >Funding via HOFOKAM Ltd., a partner of Catholic Relief Services
- Spare PartsGhanaThe group called Greda Estate is a group where the members are from Teshei, located in the country's capital, and are from the same city of Accra. They get together with th...Read their story >Funding via ID Ghana
- Milk SalesPakistanShameem was living a tough life some years ago; it was very difficult to bear her household expenditures. She is a 52-year-old married woman who has been running a milk sal...Read their story >Funding via Kashf Foundation
Kiva lenders, like Judy Webster, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,384 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.