Join Judy Webster's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StoreTanzaniaNzolezi who is in his early 50's, is married and has four children. He is a driver of a commercial mini-bus famously known as a "Dala-Dala," and at the same time he operate...Read their story >Funding via Tujijenge Tanzania
- FarmingKenyaEclay is 56 years old and has five children. She is a group leader and is representing her group formed by six farmers in Matete District, Kenya.
Eclay has been...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
- Clothing SalesKyrgyzstanAiparcha has repaid her loan, having used the funds as intended. She is grateful to Kiva and to everyone who helped finance her. Aiparcha is still engaged in the sale of ch...Read their story >Funding via Bai Tushum Bank
- JewelryKyrgyzstanRano, 40, is married and has two daughters. She has a high school education and since 2006, she has been selling jewelry at the city market. She has goods for 400,000 KGS. ...Read their story >Funding via Bai Tushum Bank
- RestaurantBurundiPascaline is a member of the Tujimbere group and lives in Gitega. She is 40 years old and does not have a husband. She has six children, ages 5 to 21 years old, including s...Read their story >Funding via Turame Community Finance
Kiva lenders, like Judy Webster, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,927 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.