Join Judy Webster's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaNicholas is a 38-year-old maize farmer in Kibirichia, Kenya. In addition to farming his core crop, he currently has 10 chickens and 3 cows on his land. Nicholas has histori...Read their story >
- Primary/secondary school costsTajikistanThis independent and ambitious woman is Gulavshon. She is a 37-year-old resident of the town of Levakand. Gulavshon lives with her husband and three children. She was alway...Read their story >
- Food StallMadagascarHanitra is a single mother with two children in her care. For over five years, Hanitra has been running a small food stall shop next to her home. In order to develop her bu...Read their story >
- FarmingNigeriaSaadu is a Babban Gona farmer who lives in rural northern Nigeria. Thanks to crop insurance and access to high-quality inputs and services, Saadu and his family do not hav...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesAlbaniaElida is a 37-year-old woman. She is married and a happy mother of two little boys. Unfortunately things have not been so easy for her family. One of her sons has health pr...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Judy Webster, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,728 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.