Join Judy Webster's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CattleEl SalvadorManuel is in a relationship and has a young daughter.
Manuel earns a living making and selling bread which he learned thanks to a friend of his. With ...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesJulieta is 56 years old and has six children. She is married and has two children who are in school.
Julieta is in the general store business in the Philippines...Read their story >
- FishingPhilippinesHelen is a married woman. She is 55 years old with four children. She is a very hardworking entrepreneur.
Helen has a fishing business in the Philippines. She re...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesAileen is 53 years old and married with three children. With three children in school, Aileen works very hard to provide for them.
She runs a general store in th...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaLydia is a 41-year-old mother who lives in Nandi Hills, a favorable area for farming. In this region, there is a high rate of poverty and unemployment, especially for women...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Judy Webster, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,700 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.