Join Judy Webster's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Fruits & VegetablesGuatemalaCruz is a father who makes great efforts to give the best to his family. He is very grateful for the loan which he obtained, since it helped him acquire the machine which h...Read their story >
- Cosmetics SalesEcuadorThe town of Portoviejo was hit by the earthquake of the 16th of April of 2016. The town is one of the biggest producers of vegetables, pulses, and tropical fruit for the in...Read their story >
- CerealsTogoAkossiwa is 49 years old. She is married with three children to support. She sells cereals, tubers and wood charcoal. She orders them twice a month from farmer producers...Read their story >
- Food StallEl SalvadorReina is single.
Reina has had a business selling food from her house for some years. A friend of hers motivated her to work in this job.
Reina needs ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaLucy is a 32 year old mother of three children who loves her family warts and all. She is a mixed farmer with three years of farming experience. Lucy credits her success to...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Judy Webster, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,724 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.