Join Judy Webster's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- RetailKenyaRose is a married woman. She has 5 children. She describes herself to be honest. She operates a retail business where she sells fish. She has been involved in this business...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- FarmingArmeniaMeet Alvard! Alvard is a nurse from Ararat region. She lives there with her parents. Alvard works at the regional hospital. However, her salary is not enough to meet her fa...Read their story >Funding via SEF International
- RetailPakistanShubana is a 37-year-old married woman.
Her husband (also shown in the photo) has an electrical shop. He sells electrical items in his area and earns a good in...Read their story >Funding via Kashf Foundation
- Beauty SalonKenyaElima is a married lady and blessed with three children. She is a hairdresser by profession and she likes giving her services to people. For many years she has been weaving...Read their story >Funding via Kenya ECLOF
- General StoreBolivia“3000 Estrellas” communal bank will begin its third cycle with Pro Mujer, as part of the Senkata regional hub. It is made up of nine members, led by a board of directors wi...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Pro Mujer
Kiva lenders, like Judy Webster, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,172 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.