Join Joan 's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Housing ExpensesVietnamMrs. Het is 34 years old. She is married and has three children, so she works very hard to provide for them. Small business and fishing are the main income for her family. ...Read their story >Funding via Quang Binh Women Development Fund
- FarmingCambodiaYorn, 53, lives with family members in a rural area of the Kampong Cham province. She is a mother of six children, two of whom she needs to support. For 35 years, her main ...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Cambodia
- AgriculturePeru69-year-old Leoncio is married. He owns the house where he lives with his partner in the Pimpingos district, Cutervo province, Cajamarca department of Peru. Locals can give...Read their story >Funding via Edpyme Alternativa
- AgricultureMaliJean Paul is a 49-year-old farmer. He lives in a village in Mali. He is married and the father of five children, ages six to 18 years old, including two who are in school. ...Read their story >Funding via Réseau de Micro-institutions de Croissance de Revenus (RMCR)
- CattleParaguayAna is from the city of Luque. She raises cows and sells milk. She has already been doing her work for many years, and she already has a very good clientele that she create...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Paraguaya
Kiva lenders, like Joan , combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,978 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.