Join Joan 's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- DairyKenyaThe gentleman raising his hand in the photo is Julius. He is 57 years old, married, and a father of three children. He is a member of Watuku Farmers Field & Life School Gro...Read their story >Funding via Hand in Hand Eastern Africa
- ServicesColombiaAlexander is a young man, 23 years old, who lives in the municipality of Sampues, a post-conflict zone. To get ahead, help his family, study, and have success in life, this...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- CraftsBrazilThe "Agora Vai I" group consists of friends; they know each other from the neighborhood where they live, Santo André in São Paulo. The group has been a client of Banco do ...Read their story >Funding via Banco do Povo Crédito Solidario
- Personal Housing ExpensesPalestineRana is a 27-year-old married woman with 5 children. She is a housewife and will use the loan for the installation of new doors and windows for her house.
Right...Read their story >Funding via Al Ibdaa Microfinance
- Personal Housing ExpensesPhilippinesHedy is juggling a business and supervising the renovation of their home. Hedy hopes to live comfortably with a house with good roofing supported by her loan of PHP 50,000....Read their story >Funding via Paglaum Multi-Purpose Cooperative (PMPC)
Kiva lenders, like Joan , combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,027 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.