Join Joan's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Fruits & VegetablesTimor-LesteThis is Josefa, a talented and enterprising 50-year-old woman who possesses a strong desire to get ahead. She has gained experience and a good understanding of the business...Read their story >
- Fish SellingPhilippinesFelipa is a widowed woman, 62 years old. She has a fish vending business in the Philippines and requested a loan of 14,000 Philippine pesos (PHP) through NWTF to buy additi...Read their story >
- FarmingNigeriaMuhammad, a Nigerian youth who is 28 years of age and lives with his parents in a rural town in Kaduna, Nigeria. He lives in a small community where maize farming is the ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaGreetings from Molo, Kenya! Florence’s story is that of an honest, hardworking, warrior woman who gives everything to raise her family.
Florence is a hardworking...Read their story >
- Mobile TransactionsUgandaAlice is 27 years old and lives in the town of Kalerwe in the Kawempe region of Uganda. She is married and has 2 children with 1 of them currently in school. For the past 5...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Joan, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,380 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.