Join Joan 's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Higher education costsPalestineMuhammad, who appears in the photo, is 31 years old and is from the city of Nablus in the West Bank. He has two adorable children, and he lives with his wife and children i...Read their story >Funding via Palestine for Credit & Development (FATEN)
- Higher education costsParaguayAlba is in the third year of a degree program in Business Administration. She is 25 years old and single, and she lives in her parents' house.
Alba is currently...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Paraguaya
- Food Production/SalesSenegalThe banc villageois was inaugurated in November 2013. This group is made up of very brave women who all work in commerce.
Agatte, who is on the right of the phot...Read their story >Funding via CAURIE Microfinance
- RestaurantSierra LeoneGreetings from Sierra Leone! This is 52-year-old Alikali from Aberdeen Western Rural in Freetown. He is married and has 2 children. He started this business to improve his ...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Sierra Leone
- LivestockMyanmar (Burma)Mya Lay Su – 1 (C) group consists of six members : Thu, Win, Myint, Myo, Sann and Mya. Third from the left in the picture with a blue shirt is Myint. He is 38 years old an...Read their story >Funding via Proximity Designs
Kiva lenders, like Joan , combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,163 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.