Join Joan 's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Milk SalesColombiaLuis, 28 years old, is a resident of the city of Barranquilla. He lives in a common-law marriage with his partner and is the father of a 5-year-old boy.
He is a...Read their story >
- CerealsKenyaMeet Eunice, who is an enterprising woman. She hails from a remote in Nyamira county. Eunice is 45 years old and loves farming. She believes that “the soil contains great...Read their story >
- General StoreCameroonAnthony is married and he is the father of six children, living in a five bedroom apartment in Bafut, North West Region of Cameroon. He has faced some challenges in life, s...Read their story >
- AgricultureCameroonDieubenni, age 31, is married and the father of four children. Two of them already go to school. After his studies, he specialized in growing cacao in a local village, a bu...Read their story >
- General StoreMozambiqueMario was born in Namacha in the province of Maputo and is 42 years old. He lives as though he is married and he has 4 children. 2 of them are grown up and 2 go to school. ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Joan , combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,611 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.