Join Jill's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Products SalesPhilippinesCharissa works hard to support her family. Charissa is married and has a personal care products direct sales business in the Philippines.
Charissa requested a PH...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesJonalyn is 57 years old, married with eight children.
She works hard to provide for her family. She runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a loan ...Read their story >
- FoodIndonesiaGood day, lenders! Meet one of KBMI’s clients, Neneng. She is twenty-four years old and married with one son. Neneng is a trader and sells foods to earn money for her famil...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesCandelaria is 57 years old and married with four children. She runs a sari-sari, or small general store in the Philippines.
Candelaria requested a 14,000 PHP loa...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaSarah, 51, is a mother of three beautiful school-going kids who always give her a reason to smile. She is an enthusiastic woman who has farmed many years and owns her own b...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Jill, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 13,658 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.