Join Jill's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Housing ExpensesEl SalvadorBlanca, 31 years old, lives in her own house with her family. She has worked selling tortillas and snacks for over 2 years and with what she gets from her sales, she manage...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
- Auto RepairArmeniaArtavazd started learning details in auto repair work at a young age. He currently is one of the best professionals in Vanadzor town and is well known among drivers for his...Read their story >Funding via SEF International
- Fruits & VegetablesPakistanRazia is a 31-year-old married woman, living in the area of Lahore, Pakistan.
She requested a loan for her husband’s green grocery business. Her husband has bee...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- ClothingKenyaBarika is a married mother of two school-going children. They live in their own house that has electricity but no piped water. Her greatest monthly expenses are food and sc...Read their story >Funding via Yehu Microfinance Trust
- FoodUgandaSharon is aged 29 years. She is a married woman with five children who labors a lot for the betterment of her family. Sharon is a member of Kayombo Central Group. The extra...Read their story >Funding via HOFOKAM Ltd., a partner of Catholic Relief Services
Kiva lenders, like Jill, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,008 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.