Join Jill's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- TailoringTajikistanSaifura is a talented seamstress from the city of Khujand. She and her husband are divorced, and she has 5 children.
Saifura has her own sewing business. She ma...Read their story >
- FarmingNigeriaFollowing Dom's initial input loan request, he gained access to recommended pesticides and fertilizers and applied them on his field aiming to optimize his yield. Furthermo...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesPhilippinesAs a married parent of four children, Conchita works hard to support her family. She has a food vending business in the Philippines, and also earns additional income from ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaThis season is not the first one that Esther is working alongside One Acre Fund. She has been a member for a few years now, having joined the program in 2017 and, although ...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesParaguayThe group is called Kuña Mbarete. They are in their third cycle of the women’s committee program, in which everyone works and helps each other to get ahead. Rosa Cristina i...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Jill, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 8,172 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.