Join Jill's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Animal SalesPakistanKhursheed is a 45-year-old woman who lives with her spouse in the area of Muzzafargharh, Pakistan. Khursheed has four children. Khursheed has been raising baby cows as a so...Read their story >
- Fruits & VegetablesKenyaLilian is happily married and was born in the year 1986. She and her husband are blessed with children and her husband is a businessman. They support one another.
Read their story >
- FloristMoldovaAla is 32 years old and a single mother with a son in first grade at school. By profession, Ala is a music teacher. She has been teaching music for over 12 years at the mus...Read their story >
- Animal SalesTajikistanSayorakhon is a young, married woman from the Khuroson region. She is 24 years old, and is by nature a sociable, hard-working and single-minded woman. Sayorakhon has two sm...Read their story >
- RetailNicaraguaMaritza is an enterprising and motivated woman. She works day to day with a lot of energy to be a good merchant and to give her customers good service. She has a business w...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Jill, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,658 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.