Join Jill's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StoreParaguayHugo is from the city of Coronel Oviedo. He works in retail. He has a store. He has been running the family business for 3 years, and been working in it with the family for...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Paraguaya
- TransportationTajikistanIn the photograph you can see a young, 26-year-old man from the Bohtar region. His name is Faiyziddin. He is married and has 3 children. His wife works as a nurse in the lo...Read their story >Funding via Humo
- Primary/secondary school costsNigeriaUsman is a maize farmer from Bakin Kasuwa village. Usman is happy to be a member of Babban Gona, a partner in the fight against poverty.
Building on his previou...Read their story >Funding via Babban Gona Farmers Organization
- Beauty SalonTanzaniaSarah, in her late thirties, is married and has two little daughters. In 2013, she started a beauty salon to support her family. Having begun with a small amount of capital...Read their story >Funding via Tujijenge Tanzania
- Food Production/SalesEl SalvadorEva used the loan to be able to strengthen her tortilla sales and the inventory of her store. Her sales and earnings have improved in a notable way. Her family remains th...Read their story >Funding via PADECOMSM
Kiva lenders, like Jill, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,122 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.