Join Jill's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- ServicesColombiaLuis is 54 years old. He is a person who has had to face a great deal of adversity in life. Nevertheless, he has always had the strength to overcome and move forward with h...Read their story >
- Office SuppliesNicaraguaJesuite is a hard-working man, earnest and dedicated to his stationery business, with which he has managed to move his family ahead. His family consists of his wife and his...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesPhilippinesJocelyn, 42, is a married woman with four children, two of whom are in school. She is a very hardworking entrepreneur.
Jocelyn prepares and sells roasted pig an...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesPhilippinesRia is a married woman who is 41 years old and has three children.
Ria has a food-vending business in the Philippines. She requested a loan of 15,000 Philippine...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesTogoMizikpowo is 57 years old, married with three children. She buys pagnes from the wholesalers at the market to sell in her store.
In order to better serve her cu...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Jill, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,688 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.