Join Jill's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CattleEl SalvadorHerber is 53 years old and is single, but he has children.
Herber makes a living in agriculture, which he learned from his parents. In that time, it was difficul...Read their story >
- Higher education costsPalestineIemad, who appears in the photo, is a 22-year-old from Rafah, Gaza Strip. He is a student at the local university, where he studies social education. and he is excellent in...Read their story >
- Higher education costsPalestineZein Al Abdeen, who appears in the photo, is a 19-year-old from Gaza Strip. He is a student at a local university. He is in his first year and studies in the trading colleg...Read their story >
- Auto RepairKenyaJoseph is 53 years old. He is married with two children. He has had a garage business for five years.
Joseph has requested for a loan from VisionFund Kenya whic...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesEl SalvadorRosa is 47 years old and a single mother of 2 children who are in basic education. She puts great effort into her work to help them get ahead.
Rosa sells clothin...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Jill, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,507 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.