Join Jill's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StoreTimor-LesteCristina is 30 years old and married with 3 children. She has a kiosk that she started in 2019, where many people come to buy goods every day. Running her business has made...Read their story >
- FarmingEl SalvadorIsaias is married. His wife is a housewife and two of his children depend on him and are studying.
Isaias is a farmer and he learned it from his father. The fiel...Read their story >
- Fruits & VegetablesPhilippinesJovelyn is a married woman with five children. She is a very hard working entrepreneur.
Jovelyn has a vegetable vending business in the Philippines. She requeste...Read their story >
- DairyKyrgyzstanNurgiza is 32 years old and married, with 3 children. She has post-secondary education. In her nature she is hardworking, goal-oriented and entrepreneurial. She is well-ver...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesTeresita is 63 years old and married with five children. Teresita works very hard to provide for them.
Teresita runs a general store in the Philippines and reque...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Jill, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,403 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.