Join Jill's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- RetailColombiaMauricio is 49 years old. He works selling newspapers in the municipality of Medellin. A while ago he was the victim of a robbery in which he lost all his merchandise.
Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- TailoringTanzaniaSalehe is a 40-year-old tailor from Dar-es-salaam. He is married with three school-going children.
For over seven years, he's been operating a very popular sewi...Read their story >Funding via Tujijenge Tanzania
- LivestockArmeniaMeet Shoghik! Shoghik is an experienced farmer from Shenik village and has been involved in agriculture for 8 years already. Shoghik lives with her husband who always assis...Read their story >Funding via SEF International
- Grocery StoreBoliviaMartha is 38 years old and married. She pays rent.
Martha runs a grocery store and works a lot of hours. She needs a loan to buy more merchandise for her groce...Read their story >Funding via IMPRO
- PigsColombiaIsaias is 37 years old and lives in the municipality of Tuchin. He has 2 daughters and 1 son, and his family means everything to this humble man. He has been raising pigs s...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
Kiva lenders, like Jill, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,961 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.