Join Jill's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Medical ExpensesArmeniaMagda is 40 years old and lives with her husband in Sevan city of Gegharkunik region. Magda has a vocational education with a specialty as an accountant, but she never work...Read their story >Funding via Nor Horizon
- AgricultureGuatemalaMaría is a 34-year-old mother. She is single, with a lovely family of three children between the ages of 5 and 16. They live in a community of the village of Yoxaja.
<...Read their story >Funding via ADICLA
- FishingSamoaTuloto is 46 years old and single.
She operates a business of fishing and selling fish in her community to earn a living.
Tuloto requested a loan to b...Read their story >Funding via South Pacific Business Development (SPBD) - Samoa
- FarmingCambodiaA resident living in Dambae district of Tbaung Khmum province, Sreyneang, is 37 years old. She has two schoolchildren who still need support. She is an industrious farmer a...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Cambodia
- Plastics SalesKenyaRosemary is a married woman with three children, all of whom attend school. She lives in a rental house that has electricity but not piped water.
She has operate...Read their story >Funding via Yehu Microfinance Trust
Kiva lenders, like Jill, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,038 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.