Join Jill's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Primary/secondary school costsTajikistanOzodamo is 32 years old and lives in Pyandj. She has three children. her children are in secondary school. Ozodamo is a hard-working woman. She sews women's clothing. She h...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesLorna works hard to support her family. Lorna is a widow and has a general store business in the Philippines.
She requested a PHP 12,000 loan through NWTF to buy...Read their story >
- PigsPhilippinesJennifer is a married woman. She is 43 years old with two children.
She has a pig fattening business in the Philippines. Jennifer requested a PHP 12,000 loan am...Read their story >
- AgricultureUgandaPeter, 34, is a commercial farmer who grows beans on a large scale. He sells his beans to schools and wholesale shops in the area. Since schools are closed, he intends to s...Read their story >
- ComputerIndonesiaGood day lenders! Meet one of KBMI’s clients, Enjoh. She is 39 years old and married with one son and two daughters.
Enjoh and her husband run a business of sel...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Jill, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,690 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.