Join Jill's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PropertyKenyaSamuel is 63 years old. He is married to Jane who also provides income and they are blessed with one child. He has had a rental house business for twenty years.
Read their story >
- DairyKyrgyzstanAigul is 55 years old, married, and has 2 children. She has a secondary education. She is hardworking, purposeful, and enterprising. She knows well agricultural technologie...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesSamoaAna is a 34-year-old mother of five children. She runs a small business selling tuna sandwiches and toasted sandwiches in her community to earn a living. She has been doing...Read their story >
- Personal ExpensesNigeriaBala is a Babban Gona maize farmer living in rural northern Nigeria. Thanks to crop insurance and access to high quality inputs and services, Bala and his child do not have...Read their story >
- FarmingTanzaniaOscar is 47 years old and has three children. He has been a farmer for more than 20 years and is always said to be a very friendly person. Even though Oscar is the only one...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Jill, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,673 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.