Join Jill's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food Production/SalesEl SalvadorVerónica is requesting another loan because in this way she will have the financial resources to reinvest in her business.
She will buy fruit and vegetables, both to ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaBrian is a 22-year-old maize farmer in Nyangati, Kenya. In addition to farming his core crop, he currently has 20 chickens and 3 cows on his land. Brian has historically st...Read their story >
- Beauty SalonParaguaySeeking a better future for their families, 13 women decided to work together. Among them, Petrona deserves mention. She has a modest beauty salon where she works every day...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesKenyaBoniface is 52 years old. He is married and blessed with two children who are both below the age of 18 years.
He practices the business of hatching chicks and s...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesTajikistanUgiljon is a hardworking, patient and kind woman. She was born in 1964 in Zafarabad, Tajikistan. She is married and has an adopted son.
Ugiljon works in a large...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Jill, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,162 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.