Join Jill's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food MarketTajikistanKulob District is one of the well-known areas. Sorbon is from this area. His wife is a homemaker. Sorbon's wife believes that her duty is to run the household.
Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesSamoaIvo is a 26-year-old mother of 2 children. She makes and sells pancakes in her community to earn a living. She has 3 years of experience with this business.
Ivo ...Read their story >
- Fruits & VegetablesEl SalvadorVictorina is requesting a new loan to strengthen her business in order to take advantage of the season of good sales that is approaching. The working capital will help her ...Read their story >
- HardwareCongo (DRC)Madam Furaha is a client of MFI Hekima and the president of the solidarity group Guillaume. She is 43 years old, married and the mother of ten children, including seven att...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaPictured above is Judith, often described as an extremely hardworking individual. She is 43 years old and has 7 children. As a group leader, she is representing her group o...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Jill, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,899 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.