Join Ronnie's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaRichard is 60 years old and has 7 children. He is a group leader and is representing his group formed by 11 farmers in Matete District, Kenya.
Richard has been...Read their story >
- PoultryMyanmar (Burma)In the picture are the clients from In Ga Pu – 1 (A) Village Group: Hla, Aye, Than H, Pyone, Mya and Than. In Ga Pu is located in Kungyangone, a township in the Delta regio...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesVietnamMrs Vien is 40 years old. There are three people in her family. She has a small clothes shop in the market. Profit from selling clothes is only enough for her to cover expe...Read their story >
- SewingTajikistanSitora is grateful to Kiva creditors for their support and care. She used her loan as intended and would like to ask again for your help with the purchasing of sewing suppl...Read their story >
- Barber ShopPakistanGull Taj is 53, living in Rawalpindi with her husband and six children.
Her husband has been running a barber shop for 14 years. He has grown old and his instru...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Ronnie, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,995 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.