Join Ronnie's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food Production/SalesEl SalvadorJulia studied up to third grade. She is divorced, and only one of her four children lives with her. She has had a business selling tortillas for four years; a cousin motiva...Read their story >
- AgricultureSenegalThe group called “And Book Diom Bou Ndiol” is a subgroup of the network. It is composed of nine persons living together and working in the same type of businesses. The wome...Read their story >
- CattleEl SalvadorMarina, age 49, only went to school through the first grade. She is in a relationship, and her life partner is a farmer. They have five children.
Marina is a h...Read their story >
- Used ClothingUgandaEdnar is a married woman living in Kamwenge, Uganda. She sells second-hand clothes as her business and she has been in this business for the last 4 years. She was inspired...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaRussia, a single mother, lives in the Nyahururu area of Kenya. Her desire to get ahead is admirable because, despite her age and the obstacles she has experienced, she does...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Ronnie, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,812 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.