Join Carol Wilkerson's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- AgricultureIndonesiaThe Semangat Baru is a new group and composed of nine enterprising women who dedicate their life for family. Edit, (whose hand is raised in the photo) a 32 year old woman i...Read their story >Funding via Tanaoba Lais Manekat Foundation (TLM)
- RetailColombiaMaria is 24 years old and lives in the municipality of Sincelejo. She has a little son who is the love of her life, and although she became a mother very young, she’s very ...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- AgriculturePeruSegundo Eloy is 53 and lives with his common law wife and three children in the district of Santo Tomas, Cutervo province in the department of Cajamarca, Peru.
...Read their story >Funding via Edpyme Alternativa
- General StorePhilippinesMarilou is 59 years old, married, and has seven children. She works hard to provide for her family. She operates a general store in the Philippines, which she has been doin...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
- PoultryPalestineRa'ed,who appears in the photo, is 29-years-old and from Khan Younis City in the Gaza Strip. He is a great father,he has two children and he is trying hard to provide them ...Read their story >Funding via Palestine for Credit & Development (FATEN)
Kiva lenders, like Carol Wilkerson, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,631 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.