Join Carol Wilkerson's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food MarketSierra LeoneRespect is a group that has come together to help themselves achieve their individual dreams by attaining a loan to improve on their sales. Rugiatu is the leader for this ...Read their story >
- BeveragesCambodiaSokha is 36 years old and is a married woman with three children. She sells beverages and groceries. Her husband works as a Tuk Tuk driver. Sokha has been running her busin...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesSamoaTogitoto is a 45-year-old married woman with 4 children. She makes and sells taro and banana chips in her community to earn a living. She has 3 years of experience with thi...Read their story >
- Food MarketSierra LeoneIsha is a 35-year-old, married woman, and a mother of two children, ages 17 and 15. She is a group leader, often described as a very hard-working individual, and is represe...Read their story >
- Higher education costsParaguayNancy is studying for a degree in Accounting. Her goal is to become a successful professional so that she can have a better quality of life. She is studying while working...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Carol Wilkerson, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,051 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.