Join Carol Wilkerson's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaHello, Kiva community!
Joyce lives in the town of Kericho. Despite her young age, she's very clear about what she wants from her life. For that reason, six year...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- Education providerArmeniaMarine is 54 years old and she lives in Stepanavan city in Lori region. Marine has a higher education and she is a specialist of Russian Language and Literature. Already fo...Read their story >Funding via Nor Horizon
- Beauty SalonKyrgyzstanRashida is 30 years old, married, and is raising 3 children. She has a specialist secondary education, and she provides hairdresser services. Not long ago, Rashida went thr...Read their story >Funding via Bai Tushum Bank
- TaxiPakistanPari Gul is a responsible mother of four children. She lives in Rawalpindi, Pakistan. Her husband has been providing transport services by driving a taxi for 20 years. He i...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- Grocery StoreKenyaThe lady raising her hand in the photo is Anna. She is a member of Heshima Women Group which joined Hand in Hand Eastern Africa to benefit from enterprise development and f...Read their story >Funding via Hand in Hand Eastern Africa
Kiva lenders, like Carol Wilkerson, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,570 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.