Join Alex's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingEcuadorEnrique is 47 years old. He lives with his son in his parents' house in the parish of Cahuasqui in northern Ecuador.
Enrique has dedicated his life to sowing crops b...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesMa. Fe is 51 years old and married with one child and works very hard to provide for her family. She runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a PHP 20,000 loan...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesFijiFor the past 24-months, Sainiana (46) has been running a prepared meals canteen to support her family of seven. She sells from a stall in the central market - packed fish, ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaCatherine is a 43-year-old mother. She lives in Machakos, a town that hosts a number of elite athletes in Kenya. Catherine has been supporting her family through mixed dair...Read their story >
- Fruits & VegetablesKenyaRael is happily married and has been blessed with children.
She supports her family by selling tomatoes for a living. When the business is good, she employs peo...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Alex, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 10,642 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.