Join Alex's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- DairyKyrgyzstanTamara, 58, is married and has 3 children. She is a university graduate and by nature she is hardworking, purposeful and enterprising.
Tamara is well versed in ...Read their story >
- CerealsPhilippinesLetecia is married with four children. With two children in school, she works very hard to provide for them.
She runs a rice retailing in the Philippines and req...Read their story >
- RetailEcuadorShirley Monserrate is 38 years old, she is a single mother with 2 children aged 9 and 5. They live in a family members house in Manta one of the most important cities in te...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesRogelia is a hardworking entrepreneur who has a general store business in the Philippines.
She is borrowing PHP 20,000 through NWTF to buy items to sell like sh...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaMeet Esther, a returning Kiva borrower. She is a woman who injects passion and determination in her work for the benefit of her family. Esther is a 58-year-old mother of th...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Alex, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 8,591 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.