Join your friend's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Fish SellingPhilippinesIsidra is a married woman with five children. She is a very hard working entrepreneur. Isidra is 41 years old and has four children who are in school.
Isidra has...Read their story >
- PigsPhilippinesNelia is 57 years old with four children.
She works hard to provide for her family. She runs a pig fattening business in the Philippines and requested a 20,000 P...Read their story >
- PigsPhilippinesEstrella works hard to support her family. She is married and has a pig raising business in the Philippines.
Estrella requested a PHP 15,000 loan through NWTF to...Read their story >
- PigsPhilippinesJenette is a 37-year-old married woman with three children, ages 8,15, and 17 years old, respectively. She raises hogs to earn a living. In addition, she also runs a bakesh...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesAndresa is 62 years old and married with five children. She works very hard to provide for them.
Andresa runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,578 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.