Join your friend's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- TransportationVietnamMrs Thùy is 23 years old and she is married. She has owned a truck to for her service shipping goods for three years.
Thùy lives in Tinh Gia district, a rural t...Read their story >
- FarmingCambodiaLiving in a rural area of Preah Vihear Province, Roun is 46 years old and is a father blessed with one school-aged child. He provides for the needs of his family via rice c...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesMozambiqueEusebio is 39 years old and married with 6 children, 5 girls and a boy. He owns a booth at a local market and he supports his mother by sending her money.
He will use ...Read their story >
- Animal SalesMaliCharles is a 45-year-old sheep farmer. He is the one raising a hand in the group photo. He lives in a small village in Mali. He is married with 8 children ages 1 to 20, 4 o...Read their story >
- RetailKenyaJosephine is a married woman. She has four children. She operates a retail business where she sells bananas. She has been involved in this business for 10 years. Her busine...Read their story >
Kiva lenders combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,637 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.