Join your friend's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- BakeryPeruThe members belong to the communal bank, "MOSOC RUNA".
The member Eugenia continues to dedicate herself to the bakery business. She is a responsible an...Read their story >
- FoodUgandaJackson is a cocoa farmer who supplements his harvest by renting other cocoa gardens to harvest in order to have more output to sell. For 19 years he has been in business, ...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesPeruJuan is a hard-working man, 30 years old, who lives with his partner in the locality of Cabanilla, which is located in Puno.
He works raising cattle, paying spec...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesEl SalvadorCelia is accompanied, her partner is a bricklayer and she has three children, two of whom are dependents and attending school.
She works making and selling torti...Read their story >
- Shoe SalesTogoSenam is 53 years old, married, and without children. She sells shoes in her neighborhood. She makes her purchases twice a week from larger shops.
She requests ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,724 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.