Join your friend's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Housing ExpensesTajikistanZinatoy is 54 years old. She is a smart, polite and sociable woman living in Gissar town. She works as a seamstress in a sewing studio.
Zinatoy started this act...Read their story >
- FarmingMyanmar (Burma)Mi, 50, is a married mother of four children residing in Hman Cho-8 (B) Village Group of Monywa Township. To support their family expenses, Mi and her husband have been cul...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesTajikistanFotima is 52 and a resident of the city of Dushanbe. She is married and the mother of four children. Her husband currently lives and works abroad. Fotima works from home...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaMary is a 58-year-old proud mother of 10 children. She is a group leader, often described as a very hardworking individual, and is representing her group of 7 farmers in We...Read their story >
- AgricultureKenyaBenard is a married man with four children. He operates a farm where he keeps cows. He has been involved in this business for seven years.
His business is locat...Read their story >
Kiva lenders combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,603 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.