Join your friend's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- RetailTajikistanSanovbar lives in the Shahrituz region, which is in the south of Tajikistan. She lives there with her husband and children. Sanovbar has turned 40 and she has spent the las...Read their story >
- ServicesArmeniaMeet Armen! Armen is a designer from Paraqar. A 46-year-old married man, he has been in this field for a couple of decades. Armen has many clients. He makes logos and websi...Read their story >
- Used ShoesKenyaJackline is a married mother of three children who attend school. She lives at a rental house that has electricity and piped water. Her greatest monthly expense is school f...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesTajikistanAlisher is very kindhearted and cheerful man. He lives with his wife and several children in Khujand city. In his 43 years, he has engaged in clothes sales. Mostly he sells...Read their story >
- TaxiPakistanNoreen is a 27-year-old woman. She lives in Rawalpindi, Pakistan. Her husband is a taxi driver by profession. Noreen and her husband together stand in this picture in front...Read their story >
Kiva lenders combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,507 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.