Join your friend's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Animal SalesPakistanDaily increasing expenditures compelled Saf to initiate her own business selling animals. She is a 45-year-old married woman who has been doing business for many years. She...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaFatuma is a 30-year-old proud mother of six children. She is a group leader, often described as a very friendly person, and is representing her group of 12 farmers in Teso ...Read their story >
- Primary/secondary school costsLebanonBassam is a 47-year-old married father of three children. He is employed in a company to cover his family's needs and expenses. Due to his limited salary, he is acquiring a...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaDear lenders,
Alice is a 26-year-old, married mum who lives in the Kapsowar area of Kenya. This is a post-conflict zone, affected by problems of cattle rustling...Read their story >
- General StoreRwandaUrumuri Cb is a group represented by Marie Alice who is 32 years old. She is married with 2 children aged one and 6 years.
The group name means “The light” in E...Read their story >
Kiva lenders combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,391 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.