Join Paul's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PoultryEcuadorMarita Mayela is single and does not have children. She lives with her parents in Rocafuerte, which is well known both inside and outside the community for its traditional ...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesParaguayThe group named “San Jose” was formed by several friends and neighbors from the city of Ybycuí. The members are seeking to improve their quality of life and that of their ...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesWilfreda is 67 years old and married with three children. Wilfreda works very hard to provide for them.
Wilfreda runs a general store in the Philippines and requ...Read their story >
- FarmingNigeriaGarba is married and lives with his family in a modest cement house in a small village in Kaduna State.
In his community, farming is the primary occupation and,...Read their story >
- Fish SellingPhilippinesRubelyn is a 28-year-old single woman with one child, who is in school. She is a very hard working entrepreneur.
She has a fish-vending business in the Philipp...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Paul, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 13,695 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.