Join Paul's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaLucy (pictured wearing a golden smile) is a 60-year-old mother who is very hardworking and determined to succeed. She has four children and lives in Nkubu, a town surrounde...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaCornel is 79 years old and, as the group leader, he is representing 8 farmers in Mumias District. He is looking forward to working with One Acre Fund for the first time thi...Read their story >
- CattleTajikistanSorbon is a married man from the Yavan region of Tajikistan. He is 36 years old. Like most residents of his hometown, Sorbon has decided to take up animal husbandry.
...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesGilmar is 34 years old. He is married to Sherly, a vendor. Gilmar owns a sari-sari (variety store) and he has a tricycle transportation business for extra income. He is a n...Read their story >
- Food MarketTajikistanBahriniso is a happily married woman at the age of 34. She lives in Qubadiyan region with her two children. Her husband is a migrant in Russia. Bahriniso sells dried fruits...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Paul, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,809 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.