Join Laurel's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- RetailParaguayMaria De los Angeles is from the city of San Pedro. She works selling various items. She says that she helps support her household, along with the help of her husband, wh...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesPhilippinesMaricel, aged 53, is a businesswoman from Lourdes, Cabanatuan, Nueva Ecija. She is happily married to an overseas Filipino worker (OFW) and blessed with three children who ...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesNigeriaAshafa is a maize farmer from the rural area of Kaduna, a state located in northern Nigeria. He looks forward to earning higher profits from farming.
As a memb...Read their story >
- RetailNicaraguaNelly is 35 years old and is in a common-law relationship. She has three children, ages 15, 13, and 8. She has been with the institution for 10 cycles, through which she ha...Read their story >
- TaxiSamoaLeatuolo is a 49-year-old mother with six children who operates a small business of providing services to people by transportation to earn a living. She has been doing this...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Laurel, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,730 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.