Join Hedda's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Fruits & VegetablesEcuadorRosa Carmelina is married and has two children from this relationship; her husband is a merchant. They live in Los Bajos de Montecristi, a place of humble people who work i...Read their story >
- Charcoal SalesPhilippinesJuvy is a married woman. She is 55 years old with six children.
Juvy has a business buying and selling charcoal in the Philippines. Juvy requested a PHP 15,000 ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaPictured above is Rose, often described as an extremely reliable person. She is 43 years old and has seven children. As a group leader, she is representing her group of 13 ...Read their story >
- FarmingAlbaniaTatjana is a 52-year-old warm-hearted rural lady. She is hoping for the first time for Kiva lenders support to be able to pay for the seeds and needed fertiliser for the ne...Read their story >
- PigsPhilippinesMenchie is 47 years old, married and has two children.
Menchie is in the agricultural business, pig fattening in the Philippines. She requested a PHP 10,000 loan...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Hedda, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,830 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.