Join Hedda's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food Production/SalesParaguayThe Tejiendo Esperanza group is in it fourth loan cycle in the women's bank program, in which they all work and help each other get ahead.
It's worth mentioning ...Read their story >
- Grocery StoreFijiMs. Sereana resides at Waimanu Village, which is close to a local town. This pandemic has caused her to start up a canteen business in her neighborhood, purchasing basic fo...Read their story >
- Primary/secondary school costsTajikistanSuhrob is a hardworking man from Jomi. He is married and has four children. Suhrob is a taxi driver.
He is requesting your support, because soon school will star...Read their story >
- RetailColombiaThanks for the support offered to Carlos Arturo via his previous loan, which allowed him to invest in buying desserts, milk products, and materials for making windows on or...Read their story >
- Primary/secondary school costsTajikistanSairam is a 40-year-old woman from the city of Yavan. She is a mother of 4 children. Sairam's husband is outside the country. Sairam is a seamstress. She has been in this b...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Hedda, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,783 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.