Join Hedda's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingAlbaniaArgjentina is a 27-year-old rural woman. She is married and a proud mother of two daughters. Argjentina does agricultural activities to support her husband and to provide f...Read their story >
- AgricultureNicaraguaUriel is a farmer who is up every morning to begin his arduous work. He loves farming and spends the majority of his time in the fields. He plants a variety of vegetables...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaGreetings from Kapsowar, Kenya! Meet Edith, 48, a single lady who is very determined and whose dream is to lead to a successful life. She lives in Kerugoya where she does m...Read their story >
- DairyKyrgyzstanToktokan says hello from Amanbaevo. She is grateful to Kiva sponsors for the financial support, which was given to her in order to increase her cattle headcount. She will b...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaGreetings from Kitu, Kenya!
Meet Anjelina, who is 47 years old and a mother of three. She is married and lives in Kitui in the eastern region of Kenya. She works...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Hedda, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,683 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.