Join Allison's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StoreKenyaMunyiva is a married woman with three children, two of whom attend school. She lives at her own house that has neither electricity nor piped water. Her greatest monthly exp...Read their story >Funding via Yehu Microfinance Trust
- Food Production/SalesColombiaThis is Rosalía, a woman to admire, who daily seeks her livelihood in the streets of Sincelejo, selling food, which she transports in a cart. It must be remembered that mos...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- Personal Housing ExpensesCambodiaA resident living in Banteay Meanchey, Yon is 55 years old. She is a widowed mother who has three children. Since she has become a breadwinner, she has been working very ha...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Cambodia
- PigsPhilippinesCelerina is a 58-year-old married woman with seven children. Two of them are still attending school. Hog raising helps her manage the economy of the entire household.
...Read their story >Funding via Community Economic Ventures, Inc. (CEVI), a partner of VisionFund International
- AgricultureEl SalvadorManuel went to school through the fourth grade. He is in a relationship and has two children, one of whom is 3 years old and the other of whom is three months. His wife w...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
Kiva lenders, like Allison, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,058 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.