Join Allison's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CattleEl SalvadorLuz is a very hardworking woman. She studied up to sixth grade of elementary education. She is happy in domestic partnership. Her husband works as a mason. She lives with o...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- Food Production/SalesPhilippinesCristeta is a 54-year-old married woman with six children, two of whom are still in school.
Cristeta has a food vending business in the Philippines. Cristeta re...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- Personal PurchasesTajikistanSuhrob was born in 1983 in the city Istaravshan in a family of workers. He is a hardworking and kind man. He always thinks about how to improve his family life and also he ...Read their story >Funding via MDO Arvand, LLC
- TailoringPakistanBano is 39 years old. She is a housewife and looks after her family consisting of five people. She is well trained in stitching clothes. She provides services in stitchi...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- LivestockArmeniaMeet Narine, a married farmer from Tkhkut village. Narine is a hardworking woman who lives together with her husband and son. They constantly help Narine with the farm and ...Read their story >Funding via SEF International
Kiva lenders, like Allison, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,345 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.