Join Allison's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StoreTanzaniaWidarahi is married and a very hardworking father of two school-going children. He's in his early 40s by now, and he operates a two-year-old kiosk that sells biscuits, bite...Read their story >Funding via Tujijenge Tanzania
- Grocery StoreEgyptSaber is 30, married to a housewife and has one son and one daughter. He has a small grocery store project that he started to provide a stable income for his family. He is ...Read their story >Funding via Together Association for Development and Environment (TADE)
- Motorcycle TransportPhilippinesJefferson has two motorcycle units for passenger transportation. He has one kid whom he is sending to school. Jefferson's goal in life is give a better way of living to his...Read their story >Funding via Alalay sa Kaunlaran (ASKI)
- ServicesKenyaPhenny is a married woman with two children, both of whom attend school. She lives in a rental house that has electricity and piped water. Her greatest monthly expense is ...Read their story >Funding via Yehu Microfinance Trust
- Personal Medical ExpensesTajikistanUmeda is 36 years old. She works and lives in Khudjand city. She is married and has three children. She loves very much her family and provides them with necessary things. ...Read their story >Funding via IMON International
Kiva lenders, like Allison, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,295 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.