Join Allison's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StorePhilippinesResil is 36 years old and married, with two children. She works hard to provide for her family. She runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a PHP 15,000 loan ...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
- LivestockVietnamKhôi is 49 years old and is a single mom. She is standing first on the left with a blue shirt. She has to work hard to take care of her children and to keep sending them to...Read their story >Funding via Thanh Hoa Microfinance Institution
- Food MarketColombiaMiguel is a 38 year old man who is in a common-law relationship.
For many years he has been making a living as an independent businessman and a farmer. He has a ...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- Higher education costsTajikistanThis is Komiljon. As you can see, he is a very educated and kind man. He is 42 years old and he is married and the father of three loved children. They live in the city ...Read their story >Funding via Arvand
- General StoreTanzaniaRose, who is in her late forties, earns her living by operating two separate businesses. One is a general store, and one is a storefront that sells cold drinks like water, ...Read their story >Funding via Tujijenge Tanzania
Kiva lenders, like Allison, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,905 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.