Join Allison's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Medical ExpensesMexicoHe is a single, 26 year old young man. He has a small mechanic's shop with which he supports his family. Together with his parents he is responsible for his grandmother, ...Read their story >Funding via Alivio Capital
- CattleUgandaPenninah is grateful for Kiva, its supporters, and UGAFODE for their tireless support for small and medium businesses like hers. The loans that were granted to her were a g...Read their story >Funding via UGAFODE Microfinance Limited
- TransportationPakistanParveen is a 41-year-old married woman. The man shown in the photo with her is her husband, who is a van driver by profession. He drives in the main city and makes enough i...Read their story >Funding via Kashf Foundation
- General StoreRwandaOdette is 47 years old and married with five children. She sells lotions, bread, soap, cooking oil etc. Her business is well organized and known. She works from 7 a.m. unti...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Rwanda
- ServicesZambiaMeet Mutale. Mutale is a 34-year-old husband and father of three lovely girls, aged 10, 3, and 2. Mutale is based in Chipata, which is in the Eastern province of Zambia and...Read their story >Funding via Zoona International
Kiva lenders, like Allison, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,818 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.