Join Allison's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Animal SalesTajikistanThis is Ahmadkhon. He is 48, married, and a father of three. All of his children are already grown. His eldest son is a migrant worker and sends money home to his father. A...Read their story >Funding via Humo
- AgricultureHondurasYeni lives in a village in the city of Sta. Cruz of Yojoa with her only child who is one years old and her husband. He works for a poultry farm and as a farmer.
Read their story >Funding via Prisma Honduras
- Personal Housing ExpensesCambodiaThim is a mother of two children. She is 59 years old and is living in Dai Buon Village, Chrey Vien Commune, Prey Chhor District, Kampong Cham Province. Her spouse is a far...Read their story >Funding via Hattha Kaksekar Limited (HKL)
- Clothing SalesPakistanNoreen is a 35-year-old active borrower of BRAC Pakistan. She is a mother of a son, and her husband is a plumber by profession. He is only responsible to fulfill the needs ...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- EntertainmentPalestineAbed Al Fatah, who appears in the photo, is 19-years-old from Gaza Strip. He is a single young man who lives with his parents. He tries so hard to provide his family every ...Read their story >Funding via Palestine for Credit & Development (FATEN)
Kiva lenders, like Allison, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,375 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.