Join your friend's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PoultryKenyaAnida is a 29-year-old mother of one child. Anida is farming to help her husband in covering the increasing needs and expenses of their family. Currently, she is practicing...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- TailoringColombiaGloria, 44, is a well-known costume designer in the town of Mosquera. She's married and the loving mother of four children, ages 22, 14, 12, and 9.
She's a very...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Mario Santo Domingo (FMSD)
- Home AppliancesCambodiaRat’s group live in a rural village in Prey Veng province in Cambodia. Rat makes a living cultivating rice to support her family. In their village there is no reliable acce...Read their story >Funding via iDE Cambodia
- TailoringPakistanSamina is 38 years old and is living in the area of Rawalpindi, Pakistan. She has to do hard work to feed her family. She is the mother of 3 sons and 1 daughter.
<...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- Fish SellingPhilippinesAs a married mother of four children, Lalaine works hard to support her family. She has a fish vending business in the Philippines.
Lalaine is borrowing PHP 12,0...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
Kiva lenders combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,689 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.