Join your friend's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Clothing SalesTajikistanNigora is a 34-year-old woman who lives in Khujand, Tajikistan. She is divorced and lives with her mother. She sells women's, men’s and children’s clothes at the local mark...Read their story >Funding via IMON International
- Clothing SalesSierra LeoneMamusu is a business woman who earns her income through her clothing sales. Mamusu has taken on complete responsibility of running her business and she needs to pay for add...Read their story >Funding via Association for Rural Development (ARD)
- RetailKenyaMartha is a single woman. She has two children. She describes herself to be honest.
She operates a retail business where she sells auto spare parts. She has bee...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- Butcher ShopKenyaMaren is a married woman with four children. She operates a butcher shop where she sells meat. She has been involved in this business for seven years. Her business is locat...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- Higher education costsTajikistanThis is Davlatali in the photo. He was born in 1968 and is married. Davlatali is a caring father of five children, two of whom attend university while the other three are...Read their story >Funding via Arvand
Kiva lenders combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,711 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.