Join your friend's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- AgricultureHondurasAntonio, age 38, is single. He lives with his younger siblings in a village in the La Esperanza municipality in Intibucá. He has been devoted to agriculture all of his li...Read their story >
- Home EnergyPalestineSaado is 34-years-old and is from Dier Al Balah, Gaza Strip. He is a married man and lives with his wife and two kids in a small house. He is the sole provider for the fami...Read their story >
- FarmingMyanmar (Burma)Included in the picture are Tin, Htwar, Khin and Gyan, four loan clients from Yae Lar Lay-2 (B ) Village Group in Pakokku Township. Pakokku Township is located in the dry z...Read their story >
- LivestockMyanmar (Burma)The Nyaung Pin Tan – 2 (C) Village group is located in Myanmar's Ayeyarwaddy Delta region. There are seven members in this group: Khin, Htike, Moe, Thein, Win, Khaing, and ...Read their story >
- General StoreRwandaDiogene is 27 years old. He is married with one child, aged 2 years. He owns a shop and he has been doing this business for the past five years. With the loan, he would lik...Read their story >
Kiva lenders combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,987 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.