Join your friend's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Fish SellingIndonesiaTuak Tinggi is a group represented by Selviana, a 37-year-old woman. She is married with five children between the ages of three and 15 years old; four of them are still en...Read their story >Funding via Tanaoba Lais Manekat Foundation (TLM)
- TailoringPakistanThis is Bushra, a married lady living in Gujranwala, Pakistan with her family. She is a hardworking lady and has been working as a tailor for many years. She is a professio...Read their story >Funding via JWS Pakistan
- PoultryColombiaJaider is 41 years old. He's a farmer who earns a living raising, fattening and selling chickens. The chicken houses are located on the patio where he lives in the city of ...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- Home AppliancesTajikistanGulnigor is young divorced woman from Isfara. She has one child. Gulnigor lives with her uncle and grandmother. She is raising her daughter alone. Gulnigor does not sit at ...Read their story >Funding via Humo
- Home AppliancesCambodiaSareth’s group lives in a rural village in Kompong Speu province in Cambodia. Sareth makes a living cultivating rice and raising cows to support his family. In his village ...Read their story >Funding via iDE Cambodia
Kiva lenders combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,554 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.