Join your friend's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StorePhilippinesMarybeth is 40 years old, married, and has two children. With one child currently in school, Marybeth works very hard to provide for them.
Marybeth runs a genera...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- Timber SalesKenyaChristopher is a single man. He describes himself to be honest. He operates a retail business where he sells timber. He has been involved in this business for six years. Hi...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- Fish SellingPhilippinesMargie is 47 years old. She and her husband earn their living from fishing. They have been in this business for many years. She and her family live in Concepcion, Iloilo, a...Read their story >Funding via Community Economic Ventures, Inc. (CEVI), a partner of VisionFund International
- Food StallKenyaMonicah is a married woman. She has 6 children. She operates a food stall where she cooks food to sell. She has been involved in this business for 10 years. Her busines...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- Plastics SalesLebanonSarah is a 19 year old Lebanese single woman who lives in a rural area with her mother and two siblings. After the death of her father, her mother became the main income pr...Read their story >Funding via Vitas. s.a.l.
Kiva lenders combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,728 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.