Join Monica's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaEmily (53) is a woman who has sacrificed a lot of things in her life so that she can pursue her dreams of being successful. She is a mother of 4 children and lives in Kapch...Read their story >
- FarmingNigeriaFollowing Tasiu's initial input loan request, he gained access to recommended pesticides and fertilizers and applied them on his field aiming to optimize his yield. Further...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesWenifreda is 64 years old and a widow with four children. Wenifreda works very hard to provide for them.
She runs a general store in the Philippines ...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesMa. Linda is 55 years old. She is a resident of Hilongos, Leyte. To earn an income, she runs a sari-sari (variety) store, selling basic commodities. She has been in this bu...Read their story >
- FarmingSamoaPualoa is a 56-year-old married woman with 1 child. She runs a business of selling cocoa in her community to earn a living. She has 4 years of experience with this business...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Monica, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,735 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.