Join kathe's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PigsPhilippinesYule is 37 years old and married. She has three children, who are all in school. Yule is in the agricultural business, raising pigs in the Philippines. She requested a PHP ...Read their story >
- Grocery StoreHondurasWilmer is 29 years old. He is in a common-law relationship and has two children. He lives with his family in the municipality of Santa Barbara. He has been selling staple g...Read their story >
- FarmingArmeniaGagik lives in Tavush region Ptghavan village with his father, brother and his brother's family. All together they run their farm for almost 10 years and sell their product...Read their story >
- AgricultureEl SalvadorCarlos, 49 years old, is married and his wife takes care of the household chores.
Carlos, a farmer, has 11 years experience in the activity and usually works on ...Read their story >
- TailoringPakistanShamim is a 46-year-old married woman, living in the area of Lahore, Pakistan. She is the mother of two sons. She has requested a loan from Kiva’s field partner BRAC Pakist...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like kathe, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,233 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.