Join Thea's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Medical ExpensesTajikistanIn this photo is Tochi, who was born in 1962 in Gafurov, Tajikistan. She is single and lives by herself. She looks after children in her home and thus earns her living. She...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaRabeka, featured in the above picture, is representing her farming group formed by 6 farmers in Teso District, Kenya. She is 35 years old and a married mother of 2 children...Read their story >
- Personal Medical ExpensesTajikistanMarufjon is a hard-working and patient man. He was born in 1976 in Spitamen, Tajikistan. He is married and has three children. Together with his family, Marufjon lives a ca...Read their story >
- Personal Medical ExpensesTajikistanSitora is a hardworking, polite and sociable woman. She was born in 1993 in Dushanbe, Tajikistan. She is single and lives with her parents; they are a small and close-knit ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaJacton is 35 years old and has 3 children. He has been a farmer for more than 20 years and is always said to be a very experienced farmer. Even though Jacton is the only on...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Thea, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,785 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.