Join Tina Jonasen's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- WeavingTimor-LesteBrismo is modest, hardworking, 36 years old, and married.
Brismo has amazing skill and experiences with East Timor traditional woven cloths called tais (all the...Read their story >
- PoultryKenyaJoyce is 52 years old. She is blessed with five children whom she provides for through her poultry business. She enjoys taking care of her chickens, which provide her a goo...Read their story >
- FarmingMozambiqueAbdul is a 63-year-old Mozambican man. He is married, and he lives with his family.
Abdul is a well-known producer of seeds in his village. He grows grain seeds ...Read their story >
- Charcoal SalesPhilippinesAileen Grace is 27 years old and a widow with three children, two of whom are in school. Aileen Grace works very hard to provide for them.
She runs a buy and sel...Read their story >
- Fruits & VegetablesPhilippinesFelipina is 42 years old, married, and has children. She works very hard to provide for them. She operates a vegetable vending business in the Philippines.
Feli...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Tina Jonasen, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 8,167 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.