Join Tina Jonasen's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food Production/SalesMadagascarMarie is very happy. Her last loan enabled her to increase the stock of products on offer to her customers, and as a result she was able to maintain prompt deliveries of th...Read their story >
- PoultryKenyaWilfred is a married and blessed with three children. He joined Kiva's field partner Hand in Hand Eastern Africa in the year 2019 and has benefited from enterprise develop...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesGuatemalaIris Karina is the new leader. She has a tortilla shop and she serves customers twice per day. Her shop is close to the community park. She has worked with Kiva for several...Read their story >
- Decorations SalesEcuadorLiceth Gabriela is 28 years old. She is a single mother with two children of 9 and 5 years old, who are in school. They live in their own home in Portoviejo, a city affecte...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesVioleta is 46 years old and married with four children, who are still in school, Violeta works very hard to provide for them.
Violeta runs a general store in the...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Tina Jonasen, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 10,555 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.