Join Tina Jonasen's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- SewingTajikistanShahodat is a 36-year-old resident of Vahdat. She is married and raising 2 children. Her husband works in construction and supports their family. It's getting harder for hi...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaDavid is the group leader of his group in Alego District, and he is representing nine farmers, including himself. David joined One Acre Fund for the first time this season,...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesVietnamHòa is 40 years old and married with three children. They are in school. Her family lives in Quang Xuong, a region near the sea and the weather here is very extreme.
<...Read their story >
- FarmingHondurasCristian has earned a living since he was 15 years old in agriculture, growing cassava, corn and beans; in both crops he sows improved seeds. He lives in Palestina, Olancho...Read their story >
- SewingTajikistanRahbar is an unmarried, 28-year-old woman who is engaged in her favorite business. She is a seamstress and she takes orders to tailor women's clothing in traditional design...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Tina Jonasen, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,525 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.