Join Martin's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Clothing SalesNicaraguaEricka is a woman who strives each day to get ahead. She has three children who motivate her to move forward. Ericka sells clothes and new shoes. She has the support of ...Read their story >
- SewingEgyptAli is 29 and a single man living with his aging parents and siblings in the same house. He is very talented in sewing men's clothes, and is known in his small village for ...Read their story >
- General StoreEl SalvadorJulia lives with her partner and her two daughters, who are ages 19 and 28 and are economically independent. She does not have any family members who live outside the coun...Read their story >
- CraftsTonga'Alilia and her sister, together with their mother, make tapas and kiekie, and sell it out to help their living. There are many of them who reside in just one house. 'Alili...Read their story >
- Fish SellingPhilippinesTita is a hardworking woman entrepreneur.
She runs a fishing business in the Philippines and requested a PHP 25000 loan through NWTF to purchase additional boxes...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Martin, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,783 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.