Join Sam's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CerealsKenyaDetermination is the main driving force that keeps Eunice, a 41 year old mom of three school-going children moving forward. She is a determined smallholder farmer despite t...Read their story >
- PigsUgandaMr. Didas, aged 32 years, is a male adult and a father of four healthy children. He is a taxi driver operating on Ishaka Ntungamo road. Didas never had a chance of attainin...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesTajikistanHilola expresses her thanks for the care and support. She bought seasonal clothing and earned a profit. Now she is planning to take out another loan to buy various seasonal...Read their story >
- DairyKenyaJanet, 34, is a mother of three school-going children. She lives in Sotik, a town where the main economic activities include corn and dairy farming.
She is a mix...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaJane is a 59-year-old mother of two children who lives with her family in Kitale, a land surrounded by natural beauty. She is a mixed dairy and crop farmer with eighteen ye...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Sam, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,638 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.