Join capitalism -- ick!'s team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Butcher ShopRwandaGreetings from Rwanda! This is Evariste, an entrepreneur who owns a butcher shop at the local market.
Evariste is 55 years old and married with 11 children betwe...Read their story >
- FarmingIndiaSakila is a 39-year-old woman residing in the Burdwan district of West Bengal. Her family is engaged in the paddy husking business. They purchase paddy (rice) from the fiel...Read their story >
- Motorcycle TransportCongo (DRC)Kembo used to be a farmer; he reared cows and cultivated pineapples. In 1999 he started selling miscellaneous items. Following his wife's death, he remarried and got back i...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesVietnamMs Nga is 29 years old, she has 2 kids. Her children are all school-going dependents. Her household was recognized by the local government as poor. Her family mains income ...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesPhilippinesCheryll works hard to support three children. She is married and has a general store business in the Philippines. She requested a PHP 10400 loan through NWTF to invest in ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like capitalism -- ick!, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,984 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.