Join capitalism -- ick!'s team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Clothing SalesKenyaEverlyne is 35 years old and raising her three children, while also supporting extended family members when she can. She runs a retail shop for second-hand clothing and she...Read their story >
- Farm SuppliesUgandaSulaiman is a husband and father of two. He operates a retail shop selling farm inputs, including fertilizer, pesticides, herbicides, seeds, etc. This business has been his...Read their story >
- AgricultureSamoaLoise is a 35-year-old, married woman with 6 children. She runs a business selling vegetables (cabbage and cucumbers) in her community to earn a living. She has 3 years of ...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesLebanonMirvat is a 28-year-old Lebanese woman; she is married and lives with her husband and children in an owned apartment in the Chtoura area of Lebanon. Her husband is an emplo...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaPictured above is Beatrice, who, as a group leader, is representing her group formed by 10 farmers in Matete District, Kenya. She is a mother to five children and is known ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like capitalism -- ick!, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,055 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.