Join capitalism -- ick!'s team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaYunuke, a 67-year-old mother of 6, always has a smile on her face. She had a hard childhood, deprived of basic necessities such as food, clothing, and education.
Read their story >
- DairyKyrgyzstanFiruza, 42, is married and has 2 daughters and a son. She has a high school education and is a hardworking and ambitious woman. She is good at agricultural techniques and i...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesKyrgyzstanNazgul successfully repaid her loan, and she is very thankful to Kiva and everyone who helped her with financing. Widowed, she has two children. On her farm, Nazgul current...Read their story >
- AgricultureKyrgyzstanElmira, 43, is married and has 4 children. She has a higher education and works as a preschool teacher. She is good at agricultural techniques and investment and has been e...Read their story >
- AgricultureColombiaJaime is 34 years old and lives in the municipality of Marinilla. He’s a responsible father who has 2 children, and his family is what he cares about the most since they ar...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like capitalism -- ick!, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,722 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.