Join Olisa's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingSamoaAutasia is a 52-year-old mother with one child. She runs a small business selling taro and banana in her village to earn a living. She has been doing this for more than thr...Read their story >Funding via South Pacific Business Development (SPBD)
- Used ClothingBoliviaMaria is a 43 year old woman, a single mother with 2 children aged 12 and 20 years and her business is selling used clothing. She built up her business in a rural area of E...Read their story >Funding via Emprender
- AgricultureEl SalvadorJosé, 73 years old, did not go to school. He is married, and he has two children that are now older in age. His wife works as a homemaker.
José works in agricu...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- DairyPakistanRukhsana Kousar, a female entrepreneur, lives in a far-off village of district Gujrat. After realizing that her husband alone cannot fulfill all the fundamental needs of he...Read their story >Funding via Jinnah Welfare Society (JWS)
- Clothing SalesNicaraguaThe Flor Pálida (Pale Flower) group is a solidarity group led by José who is 22 years old. This young man works selling jewelry and new clothes to help with his schooling....Read their story >Funding via ADIM (Asociación Alternativa Para el Desarrollo Integral de las Mujeres)
Kiva lenders, like Olisa, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,215 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.