Join Olisa's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- AgricultureBoliviaDory lives in the department of Cochabamba in the province of Carrasco, municipality of Entre Ríos. She currently has one son and lives with her husband. She has worked in ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaJanet's group is formed by 10 farmers in Webuye District and is being represented by Janet, who is the group leader pictured above. She is 27 years old, married, and has tw...Read their story >
- AgricultureArmeniaMeet Armine, 38, a hardworking agronomist with 10 years of experience. She started her farm with the help of her husband Hayrapet, 48. Together they support their three chi...Read their story >
- Home EnergyPalestineWaled, who appears in the photo, is 31 years old and is from Gaza Strip. He is a married man and lives with his lovely wife and two kids in a small house. He is the sole pr...Read their story >
- Beauty SalonPakistanAsima Rani is 33 years old married woman who lives in an under developed area of Sialkot, Pakistan with her family. Due to the bad financial conditions of her family, she d...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Olisa, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,152 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.