Join Olisa's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Housing ExpensesUkraineOlga is married and has a daughter. She works selling housewares at the market. She lives in a house with her parents and is a responsible, persistent and hardworking perso...Read their story >Funding via Hope Ukraine
- RickshawPakistanAsia Bb is a 41-year-old married woman who lives with her spouse and five children in the area of Lahore, Pakistan. In the photo, she is standing next to her husband.
Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- Clothing SalesBoliviaRosa is a divorced woman. She lives with her children and pays rent. She makes a living selling clothing for women and needs your help to buy more merchandise for her busin...Read their story >Funding via IMPRO
- FarmingKenyaProtus is 56 years old and has 10 children. He has been a farmer for more than 20 years and is always said to be a very experienced farmer. Even though Protus is the only o...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
- LivestockMaliAdama is 53 years old. He is pictured holding the bull by the rope. He is from Mali and is illiterate. He is the president of his all-male group.
He lives with ...Read their story >Funding via Réseau de Micro-institutions de Croissance de Revenus (RMCR)
Kiva lenders, like Olisa, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,414 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.