Join Betty's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- LivestockKyrgyzstanAizhan has successfully repaid her loan, and she would like to thank Kiva and everyone who helped her financially. Aizhan is 49 years old. She is a widow and a mother of 4 ...Read their story >
- FarmingUgandaRobert is a resident of Bigando. He is aged 43 years and is married with four children who are school-going children.
He is a hardworking gentleman dealing majo...Read their story >
- JewelryNicaraguaIn the community where Liduvina lives, the best bracelets, necklaces, rings, headbands, and bags are handmade.
She works hard to support her home and to be a st...Read their story >
- Grocery StoreEcuadorSanturia lives in the town of Chical, in the province of Carchi. The primary occupations there are farming and raising cattle.
Santuria is 48 years old. She is s...Read their story >
- BeveragesBurkina FasoPascaline is mother of one child, who goes to school. She sells drinks and she has been doing so for more than 3 years.
She paid back her first Kiva loan with p...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Betty, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,274 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.