Join Betty's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Home Products SalesJordanFatima is a 48-year-old married lady. Her husband is retired and gets a limited pension. Fatima wasn’t able to find any job to work and help support the family, and it was ...Read their story >
- CerealsKenyaMeet this wonderful woman, Abigael. She is a very hard-working, progressive and honest farmer from a very remote village in the Bungoma area of Kenya. Her family lives on a...Read their story >
- Fish SellingSierra LeoneGreetings from Sierra Leone! This is 45 years old Fatmata from Waterloo 2 branch. She is a married business woman with four children between the ages of 10 and 18 years. T...Read their story >
- AgricultureEl SalvadorJorge is married and lives only with his wife. He works in agriculture, cultivating plantains. He learned this occupation from his father. He walks 4 kilometers from his...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesRosellen is 48 years old and married with children. She works very hard to provide for them.
She runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a PHP 19,0...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Betty, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 8,166 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.