Join Betty's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- EmbroideryTajikistanA seamstress must be calm, even-handed and patient in character. This is 23-year-old Farzona. She does embroidery and needlework. She's a wonderful girl and has not married...Read their story >
- Cosmetics SalesEcuadorJemima Yamileth, age 21, is single. She is studying logistical engineering and lives with her parents in Manta, an enchanting city where the residents are people of good he...Read their story >
- Grocery StoreParaguayTen women got together to form this group so they could work together to help each other. They have set goal of being able to grow not only economically but also as people...Read their story >
- FarmingUgandaHenry is a resident of Rubumba, Rukungiri in western Uganda. He is married and has six children.
He is a coffee and banana farmer and a cattle trader who apprec...Read their story >
- Primary/secondary school costsTajikistanFarhod is a hardworking man from Vahdat. He is forty-one years old and has four children. Farhod and his wife are farmers. They have been working in agriculture for over tw...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Betty, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,236 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.