Join Sergio's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CattleTajikistanShokhist is a hardworking woman, 35 years old. She is married and has three children who depend on her. Her husband works as a driver in a rural brick factory. Like many...Read their story >
- Animal SalesMaliDjélika is holding the goat's horn in the photograph. She is from Mali, thirty-seven years old, married and mother to six children, aged between four and twenty years old....Read their story >
- FarmingTajikistanMohira is a 28-year-old woman. She is a resident of the town of Tursun-zoda. She lives with her husband and two children. Five years ago, Mohira began working in agricultur...Read their story >
- FarmingNigeriaIbrahim is a hardworking Babban Gona maize farmer who lives in a modest cement house with his family in Gora village. Previously, despite toiling for long hours on his farm...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesBrazilThe group Cantinho Feliz [Happy Nook] is a client of Banco do Povo Crédito Solidário [BPCS, People's Bank - Credit in Solidarity] and they are renewing their loan. All the ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Sergio, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,448 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.