Join Valerie's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Clothing SalesKenyaAgnes is a married woman with 3 children. She describes herself to be disciplined. She operates a retail business where she sells clothes and shoes. She has been involved i...Read their story >
- Fruits & VegetablesIndiaMalati is 42 years old, married, and lives in a small village in the Nadia district of West Bengal. She earns a living by selling vegetables, including potatoes, tomatoes, ...Read their story >
- Food StallSamoaLino is a 43-year-old, unmarried woman with four children. She runs a small canteen in her community to earn a living. She has five years of experience with this business. ...Read their story >
- FoodCambodiaKhon is 58 years old and is a married woman with three children. She sells fish-paste (Prahok). Her husband works as a motor driver. Khon has been running this business for...Read their story >
- Farm SuppliesTajikistanSafargul is 41 years old, and she lives with her husband and her three children in Istaravshan. She was born into a family of farmers and is engaged in the farming business...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Valerie, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,465 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.