Join Valerie's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- AgricultureEl SalvadorJose studied until 6th grade. He is married and his partner is a housewife. He has 2 children who are studying at school. Jose makes a living planting maize, beans, sorghum...Read their story >
- FarmingNigeriaDan, who resides in Muleka village, is a Babban Gona maize farmer who manages a 0.6-hectare maize farm through which he supports his family.
Despite working for...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaMeet Knight again. She is not a first-time Kiva borrower, and she has paid back her previous loan on time.
Knight is a mother of lovely children and has been pr...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesUgandaDinah is 17 years old and lives in the town of Buwenge in the Njeru region of Uganda. For the past two years, Dinah has been working hard to manage her maize milling busine...Read their story >
- Beauty SalonKenyaJecinta is a married woman. She has 4 children. She describes herself to be focused. She operates a beauty salon where she offers beauty services. She has been involved in ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Valerie, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,411 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.