Join William's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Used ClothingTimor-LestePaulino is 32 years old, and married. He is an enterprising young man with lots of knowledge and experience selling second-hand clothing.
Since he first started ...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesDelia is 68 years old and married.
Delia runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a PHP 20,000 loan through NWTF to buy items to sell like canned go...Read their story >
- BakeryParaguayMujeres Unidas is the name of this committee since that is what they are, united women who work together to provide for their families. They fixed the goal of growing, not ...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesBurkina FasoKarim is the father of three children of which two attend school. For the past four years, he has been managing a food stand in the market. This is his sixth loan cycle wit...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesNenita is 77 years old, married, with five children.
She works hard to provide for her family. She runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a PHP 25...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like William, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,991 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.