Join Lucas's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PropertyGuatemalaManuel is a 40-year-old married man. He and his wife live in the village of Chuicoza.
He is a hardworking man who has life goals. Because he needed to support hi...Read their story >
- BeveragesCambodiaRon is 38 years old and is a married woman with three children. She sells sugarcane juice. Her husband is an electrician.
She has been running this business for...Read their story >
- TaxiNicaraguaJuan has three children. He makes a living as a taxi driver. Juan's two young children depend on this business, while Juan's eldest helps with the work.
Juan sta...Read their story >
- PoultryEcuadorGloria Alexandra is 39 years old, she is in a free union relationship. She has three children who are 17, 13 and 11 years old, who go to college and school. Her spouse is a...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaAnn (a repeat Kiva borrower) is an ever-smiling woman living in Nyahururu, a town surrounded by prime agricultural lands which favor large-scale grain farming, dairy and ho...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Lucas, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 10,551 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.