Join Lucas's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Housing ExpensesPhilippinesAlma works hard to support six children. She is married and has a general store business in the Philippines.
Alma has requested a loan of 10,000 PHP through NWTF...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaHello, special people. The nice woman in this photo is Linah. She is 34 years of age and married to a hardworking man who helps in her in day-to-day farming activities. She...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesPhilippinesGrace works hard to support four children. She is married and has a fish vending business in the Philippines.
She requested a loan of 15,000 PHP through NWTF to ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaBeatrice (58 years old pictured in her simple house) is a self-driven mother who believes she has what it takes to make a difference in her remote village and farm. Her fam...Read their story >
- General StoreColombiaThank you for supporting Adriana Lucia in her previous loan, with which she was able to buy a quantity of merchandise to stock her store and have products to sell such as p...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Lucas, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,798 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.