Join Tara's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaKibungei is a 66-year-old maize farmer from Tulwet/Chuiyat, Kenya. In addition to farming his core crop, he currently has 50 chickens and two cows on his land. Kibungei h...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaEsther is a 54-year old mother with four children. She has always been hungry for success. She is a mixed dairy and crop farmer who has farmed for the past 40 years. Throug...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesEl SalvadorSara is 26 years old and has a life partner who is a farmer. She has a four-year-old daughter.
Sara has been making and selling pupusas (stuffed thick corn tort...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesEcuadorJohanna, 39, is married. She has two children, ages 20 and 15. Her husband drives a motorcycle taxi. They live in Jaramijo Canton, which is well known for being a pretty...Read their story >
- Grocery StoreHondurasYajaira lives in San Lorenzo with her family. She has a grocery store which is her main source of income.
She sells all sorts of basic goods at a good price. She has ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Tara, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,631 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.