Join Tara's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PigsPhilippinesRoselda is a hardworking woman entrepreneur with two children. She is borrowing PHP 22000 through NWTF to buy feeds and other supplies to raise her pigs. Roselda dreams t...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesGuatemalaMarta is a woman with great aspirations in life. She is very happy because thanks to the previous loan she improved her business as her sales improved a lot. This is very g...Read their story >
- Fruits & VegetablesColombiaThank you for supporting Edwin with his previous loan. With the financing he received, he invested in fruits such as apples, pears, grapes, papayas, and avocados. This allo...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesPhilippinesGrace works hard to support four children. She is married and has a general store business in the Philippines.
She requested a loan of 10,000 Philippine pesos th...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaAchieving a comfortable lifestyle has always been Mercy's (32 years old mom of 2) dream. She is a smallholder farmer who works with a lot of care and perseverance to achiev...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Tara, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,478 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.