Join Tobias's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Office SuppliesEcuadorRocio Belen is 27 years old. She is in a common law marriage and has no children. Her partner is an accountant. They live in the house of a family member in Manta. It is on...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesTajikistanMavjuda is a woman from Bokhtar, Tajikistan who was born in 1988. She is married. Her husband is a driver and they have four children.
Mavjuda is a kind, tolera...Read their story >
- Fruits & VegetablesRwandaMariam is a 50-year-old widowed mother of six children aged between 15 and 27 years old. For the past three years, she has been selling fruits and vegetables.
M...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesKyrgyzstanChynara, age 34, is married and has a son. She has a secondary education and raises livestock as the primary income for her family. Thanks to her hard work, her farm curren...Read their story >
- CattleEl SalvadorGloria is partnered. Her partner is a farmer and she has three children, two of whom are in school.
Gloria raises cattle, and she learned it from her ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Tobias, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,402 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.