Join Quentin's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingTajikistanGet to know Sadokat, an honest and very polite woman who was born in 1985 in Gonchi, Tajikistan. She is married and the caring mother of her four children.
Sadok...Read their story >
- FarmingSierra LeoneFatmata S (1st on left), featured borrower of Fatmata's Female Farmers, is a master farmer in Rochain Village and has a large family of seven. She is passionate about busin...Read their story >
- RetailCosta RicaEdgardo has been a trader for around five years. He started his own business thanks to his motivation to work doing something he likes, to expand a little every day, and to...Read their story >
- FoodCongo (DRC)Esperance is a client of the microfinance institution Hekima and is the president of the banc villaegois "Tumaini". She is 38 years old, married and has six children who al...Read their story >
- General StoreParaguayAs a mother of now five children, Maxima opened her general store with the hopes of generating an income while still being able to care for her family. She has invested in ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Quentin, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 873 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.