Join Andreas's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Home Products SalesEcuadorVeronica is 28 years old. She is single and lives in her parents’ home in the parish of Picoaza, in the city of Portoviejo, a place known for being a very commercial zone, ...Read their story >Funding via Fundación ESPOIR
- TaxiTajikistanNuriddin is a 37 years old man from the Rudaki region. This region is located not far from the city of Dushanbe. Nuriddin is a married man. He has two sons and one daughter...Read their story >Funding via Humo
- FishingPhilippinesSharon is a resident of Concepcion, Iloilo. She is married with five children. Her oldest child is 15 years old while her youngest child is 6 years old. To earn a living, S...Read their story >Funding via Community Economic Ventures, Inc. (CEVI)
- Personal Housing ExpensesTajikistanМansur is 27 years old and he is married. He lives in Istaravashan city. This region has very large fields and wide pastures. Many residents of the area are engaged in anim...Read their story >Funding via Arvand
- Higher education costsJordanAli is studying Renewable Energy Systems in university. He is a distinguished student and is trying to graduate with an excellent GPA in light of the difficult financial si...Read their story >Funding via National Microfinance Bank
Kiva lenders, like Andreas, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,980 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.