Join Andreas's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- LivestockMyanmar (Burma)Picture above are Tin, Khaing, Marlar, Zaw and Lwin from Thae Kone Gyi-1 (C ) Village Group, Dedaye Township in Myanmar.
Zaw, the first from the right, is 36 yea...Read their story >
- PoultryKenyaWonderful Kiva lenders! Introducing Cate, who is honest, hardworking and a loving mother of two. She hails from a remote village in the Chuka area of Kenya. The Chuka area ...Read their story >
- Spare PartsTanzaniaHashimu, who is in his late 40s, is a divorced man with two children. His children are still in school. He has been selling lubricants since 2000. He works from 6 a.m. to 6...Read their story >
- Home Products SalesPakistanMaryam is a 34-year old woman living with her spouse and four children in the area of Multan, Pakistan. She depends economically on her husband. Her husband is responsible ...Read their story >
- Home AppliancesCambodiaRorn’s group live in a rural village in Pursat province in Cambodia. Rorn makes a living cultivating rice, and he also does extra work as a factory worker to support his fa...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Andreas, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,074 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.