Join Andreas's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Higher education costsJordanMohamed lives in a village in Mafrak with his mother and brother. He lost his father when he was in first grade. In light of the difficulties he faced in life from then on,...Read their story >Funding via National Microfinance Bank
- General StorePhilippinesRosemary signed up for her membership with PMPC and obtained the needed capital to start up a sari-sari store business. She is thankful for the capital that was extended to...Read their story >Funding via Paglaum Multi-Purpose Cooperative (PMPC)
- Food Production/SalesGuatemalaNorma, who is 33 years old, is known as being friendly, responsible and very hardworking. She lives with her husband and children. In order to help her husband with the h...Read their story >Funding via ADICLA
- Cloth & Dressmaking SuppliesPakistanShahida's age is 36. She is a married woman, living with her better half and six children.
She has been running a business of trading cloth for many years. She ...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- Personal Medical ExpensesMexicoAdela, 31, lives in the city of Monterrey and is married to Francisco. She and her husband have earned a living for six years selling tacos on order for social events. Sh...Read their story >Funding via Alivio Capital
Kiva lenders, like Andreas, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,563 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.