Join Michel's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Fuel/FirewoodTimor-LesteJose is 52 years old and married with 3 children. He is an enterprising man with lots of knowledge and experience in selling fuel at his handmade station.
Ever s...Read their story >
- Food StallCongo (DRC)It was in 2014 that Justine started selling diverse products with just her husband’s meager salary and the harvest from their fields. This business works well for her famil...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaPictured above is Anne, who, as a group leader, is representing her group formed by 16 farmers in Lugari District, Kenya. She is a mother to 6 children and is known by her ...Read their story >
- FarmingAlbaniaShpresa is a 48 year old woman who lives in a village nearby Pogradec city. She is married and lives with her husband and their youngest daughter in the house she and her h...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaIrene is 30 years old and has 3 children. She has been a farmer for 11 years and is always said to be a very hardworking individual. Even though Irene is the only one featu...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Michel, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,832 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.