Join Michel's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Grocery StoreKenyaEsther is blessed with 3 children who are all grown up. She runs a grocery store to provide for her family. She makes sure that she has the freshest produce in the market s...Read their story >
- RetailEcuadorVicenta Jaqueline and her family live in 24 de Mayo. Her humble family makes a living in short-cycle agriculture (onions, beans, tomatoes), raising poultry and pigs, and ge...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaJohn is 56 years old and has four children. He has been a farmer for more than 20 years and is always said to be a very experienced farmer. Even though John is the only one...Read their story >
- AgricultureVietnamNhâm is 32 years old and has four children. She lives in Nong Cong district, a rural town in Thanh Hoa, one of the most poorest provinces.
She has worked in agri...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaKenedy is a 49-year-old maize farmer in Tindiret, Kenya. In addition to farming his core crop, he currently has six chickens and three cows on his land. Kenedy has historic...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Michel, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,647 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.