Join pd.'s team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Fish SellingPhilippinesEvangeline is a married woman with five children. She is a very hard-working entrepreneur. Evangeline is 61 years old and has a fish vending business in the Philippines. Sh...Read their story >
- AgricultureTajikistanKhamida is a 42-year-old resident of the Spitamen district. She is married to a farmer and they have two children. Khamida is happy in her marriage, since she has a caring ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaIn Annelyne's mind, the only thing she thinks about is that to get ahead you have to work hard and stay strong to overcome all of the adversities that can arise. Because of...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesPeruYsidora is a hard-working woman, 47 years old, who lives with her 2 children and her partner in the locality of Quillunza, which is located in Arequipa. She works selling g...Read their story >
- General StoreColombiaJose is just 19 years old and lives in the municipality of Valencia. He’s a kind and happy young man, who always loved helping his family with their store. Because of his h...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like pd., combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,240 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.