Join Vanessa's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StorePhilippinesDanalie is 50 years old and married with three children.
Danalie runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a 13,000 PHP loan through NWTF to buy ite...Read their story >
- RetailParaguayLas Luchadoras (The Female Fighters) group is in its third cycle with the women's committee. All the members help each other out to overcome difficulties. They are taking p...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesKyrgyzstanGulchehra successfully repaid her loan and used the funds as intended. She is grateful to the Kiva fund and to everyone who helped her with financing. Her current monthly i...Read their story >
- RetailCosta RicaVictor wishes to receive a new loan. He is 55 years old, divorced and lives with his current partner and daughter who are his main priority.
He wants the loan t...Read their story >
- Beauty SalonJordanEman is a 38-year-old Jordanian woman. She is married and has 5 children. Her husband works at a small restaurant. Because of the financial problems they are facing and bec...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Vanessa, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,466 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.