Join Markus's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PigsPhilippinesSylvia is 49-years-old and has four children.
Sylvia is in the agricultural pig fattening business in the Philippines. Sylvia requested a PHP 30000 loan through ...Read their story >
- Fruits & VegetablesPhilippinesGloria is a single woman with four children. She is a very hardworking entrepreneur. Gloria is 51 years old and has two children who are in school.
She has a bus...Read their story >
- ClothingPhilippinesMaribeth is 63 years old and a married woman with six children. She is a very hard working entrepreneur.
Maribeth has a buy and sell ready to wear item business ...Read their story >
- Farm SuppliesCambodiaThou is 43 years old and lives with her husband and two children in this snapshot. She and her husband work as cashew nut and rice paddy sellers, putting in hard hours to i...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaJoy is a diligent woman who has had to overcome a lot of adversity in her life. However, she has always had the strength to overcome it and move forward with her family. Jo...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Markus, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,645 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.