Join Markus's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PigsEl SalvadorJuan is single does not have children. He lives with his sister.
Juan works as a hairdresser; he learned from his uncles. He works in his house from 8:00 a.m. u...Read their story >
- SewingEcuadorEstrella Migdalia is 51 years old, is married, and has 4 children who are adults. Her husband is a taxi driver and they live in a family member's house in Manta, a place wh...Read their story >
- PigsPhilippinesElsa is 46 years old, married, and has three children who are in school.
Elsa raises pigs in the Philippines. Elsa requested a PHP 14,000 loan through NWTF to bu...Read their story >
- Cosmetics SalesRwandaElise is a passionate entrepreneur who lives in Kirehe. He runs a cosmetics store business near Mahama refugee camp.
Elise is also married with two children, an...Read their story >
- FoodUgandaThe man in the photo is called Topher, aged 35 years and a resident of Kahoko, Nyakagyeme. He is married with three children. Topher is hard-working and has various sources...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Markus, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,307 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.