Join Markus's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PigsPhilippinesLenith is a married woman with four children. She is a very hard working entrepreneur. She is 43 years old and has two children who are in school.
She has a pig ...Read their story >
- Fish SellingPhilippinesMelanie is a married woman with four children. She is a very hardworking entrepreneur. Melanie is 42 years old and has four children who are in school.
She has a...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesDeny Ann is 29 years old and single with two children.
Deny Ann runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a PHP 17,000 loan through NWTF to buy items...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesPhilippinesVena is a married woman, 29 years old. She is a very hardworking entrepreneur.
Vena has a food vending business in the Philippines. Vena requested a PHP 10,000 l...Read their story >
- SewingEcuadorGenoveva Margarita is a single mother of an independent and older son who studies at university. They live in a family home. They live in Portoviejo, a city affected by the...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Markus, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 14,086 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.