Join Markus's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PigsPhilippinesChristine is 30 years old and has five children, four of whom are currently in school. Christine is married.
Christine is in the agricultural business, fattening...Read their story >
- Wedding ExpensesTajikistanNasibaoi is 54 years old and the mother of one daughter. It was difficult for her to raise her daughter, and now her daughter is getting married and will leave to live with...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaWilson, pictured above, has been a farmer for 4 years, and is now proud to represent his group of 8 farmers in Mumias District. He is 31 years old, married and has 4 childr...Read their story >
- SewingTajikistanSaydiniso is a 66 year-old woman, and is a resident of Tursun-zoda. She is the mother of 4 children. Her husband is no longer with us so she lives with her children. Saydin...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesParaguayThis group set a goal for itself of working together in order to help their families in this way. They are in the elimination of poverty program.
One of the memb...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Markus, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,674 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.