Join Markus's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Farm SuppliesCambodiaNall is 30 years of age. He is married and has two lovely kids living in Cheung Prey district, Kompong Cham p0rovince. He is a conscientious rice farmer who owns and manage...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaHello, Kiva community! Meet 59-year-old Jeniffer. She is a hardworking smallholder farmer from the Eldoret area of Kenya. Her main sources of income are milk from her dairy...Read their story >
- PoultryEcuadorJohanna is a young, single mother from humble origins and limited financial resources. She works as a day laborer and raises animals to provide for herself and her daughter...Read their story >
- Animal SalesPeruSonia is the president and leader of the Arwimayo ACPD (Pro-Development Communal Association). They are going into their second cycle and are considered to be an enterprisi...Read their story >
- PigsPhilippinesEdna is 56 years old and has two children. She is in the agricultural pig-fattening business in the Philippines. Edna has requested a PHP 12,000 loan through NWTF to buy pi...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Markus, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 10,781 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.