Join Markus's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingUgandaHe is called Emmanuel, and is a resident of Kahoko Nyakagyeme. He is married and has four children. He is a priest at a church, and he also carries out farming on a banana ...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesTajikistanThe photograph above depicts a woman by the name of Somiya. She is 44 years old and mother of 4 children. Somiya and her family live in the Rudaki district. Somiya works...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesJosefa is 45 years old, married, and has children.
She works hard to provide for her family. She runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a 30,000 P...Read their story >
- FarmingTajikistanDilafruz is a businesswoman and a hardworking woman from Yavan, Tajikistan. She is married and has 2 children. She is always seeking the well-being of her children.
Read their story >
- CattleTajikistanSayda lives in the small city of Balkhi with her family. She is married and she has 2 children. Her children are small. Sayda is very hardworking and responsible. She loves...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Markus, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,612 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.