Join Markus's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Fish SellingCambodiaChanthorn is 39 years old, married and the father of two children. He and his wife are buy and sell fish, as shown in the picture. He has been running this business for 2 y...Read their story >
- Beauty SalonPhilippinesEva is a married woman with four children. She is a very hardworking entrepreneur. She is 49 years old, and one of her children is in school.
She has a manicure ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaForty-three-year-old Mercy lives in Embu, a remote area located on a gentle plain before the ascent into the central highlands of Kenya. She is a mixed dairy and crop farme...Read their story >
- AgricultureKenyaEdward is a 43-year-old maize farmer in Matumbei, Kenya. In addition to farming his core crop, he currently has 5 chickens and 3 cows on his land. Edward has struggled hist...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaThomas is a 44-year-old maize farmer in Kamariny, Kenya. In addition to farming his core crop, he currently has 12 chickens and three cows on his land. Thomas historically...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Markus, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,651 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.