Join Markus's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Clothing SalesEcuadorDamaris is a very hardworking person who lives in Cotacachi Canton, parish of San Francisco in the province of Imbabura. She is 24 years old and has worked for two years i...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaJane (45) is a dedicated, determined, and honest mother of a lovely family. She lives in Nandi Hills, Kenya. The rich soil of this area makes it one of the nation’s biggest...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesLita is 54 years old and married with four children. Lita works very hard to provide for them.
Lita runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a 15,00...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaThis season is not the first one that Galdys is working alongside One Acre Fund. She has been a member for a few years now, having joined the program in 2015. Although she ...Read their story >
- RetailNicaraguaJessenia is grateful for the support she has been offered through financing with Kiva and Aldea Global funds. She has worked in her small business for more than twelve year...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Markus, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,561 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.