Join Markus's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Clothing SalesTajikistanNargis is a purposeful, hardworking and kind Tajik woman. She was born in 1986 in Tursunzade, Tajikistan. She is a divorced woman with three children. She tries to provide ...Read their story >
- Personal ExpensesNigeriaHassan is grateful for the input loan he received. Through this, he gained access to better-yielding seeds and fertilizers to boost his yield, amongst other things.
<...Read their story >
- RetailEcuadorSusana Monserrate and her family live in Portoviejo, which was affected by the 2016 Ecuador earthquake and is currently being affected by the Covid-19 pandemic. The city is...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaViolet is a 38-year-old proud mother of four children. She is a group leader, often described as a very hardworking individual, and is representing her group of nine farmer...Read their story >
- General StoreVietnamMs. Bong is a 56-year-old woman. She is married and has one kid. She lives with her husband and her child in a rural area in Quang Binh. She is a hardworking and enthusiast...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Markus, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,957 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.