Join D.C. Douglas's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- DairyKenyaDavid is happily married and his children are all grown. He is a simple, humble, and unsophisticated man who enjoys engaging in dairy farming. He enjoys milking his cows an...Read their story >
- CattleBoliviaRosalia is 30-years-old. She is married and she has a 9-year-old daughter and a 4-year-old son. Rosalia lives with her whole family.
She works in agriculture, a...Read their story >
- CattleKyrgyzstanVenera is 59 years old and married. Her children are fully grown and she lives with her grandson. She has secondary education. She is familiar with the technology behind le...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesPhilippinesAnnie is married and has a general store in the Philippines.
Annie requested a PHP 10,400 loan through NWTF to build a sanitary toilet for her family.
Read their story >
- Clothing SalesTajikistanLatofat is a kind and polite woman. She is 38 years old and is married with two children.
Latofat is in the business of selling women’s clothes. Because of her ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like D.C. Douglas, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,900 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.