Join D.C. Douglas's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- AgricultureVietnamMs Hoa is a 37-year-old women, who lives in her own house, together with her husband and their children.
In order to support her household and earn some money t...Read their story >
- CattleEl SalvadorVicente is in a relationship. His partner does the housework. They have one child in school. Vicente has been a farmer for many years and learned the work from his father. ...Read their story >
- RickshawIndiaAlo is a 33-year-old married woman from the village of Maynaguri, Jalpaiguri district, in West Bengal. She has a family of 4 and a monthly household income of INR 10,000. H...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesPhilippinesMa. Theresa works hard to support six children. She is married and has a buy and sell charcoal business in the Philippines. She requested a PHP 15000 loan through NWTF to ...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesVietnamHoan is 47 years old and married. She is a Muong ethnic minority, living in Cam Thuy, a mountainous region of Thanh Hoa where the transportation is very difficult. She is a...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like D.C. Douglas, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,303 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.