Join Lyndsey's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaThis season is not the first one that Grace is working alongside One Acre Fund. She has been a member for a few years now, having joined the program in 2016 and, although s...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaRose, pictured above, has 5 children and is representing her group, formed by 7 farmers in Lugari District, Kenya. She joined the One Acre Fund for the first time in 2013 a...Read their story >
- RetailEcuadorDolores is 58 years old. She lives in the city of Ibarra in the Primavera neighborhood. Dolores has two children who are already married and no longer live with her. She is...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaPictured above is Edward, who, as a group leader, is representing his group formed by nine farmers in Matete District, Kenya. He is a father to eight children and is known ...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesCynthia is 53 years old and is married with two children.
Cynthia runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a PHP 20,000 loan through NWTF to buy ite...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Lyndsey, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,900 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.