Join Crista's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Housing ExpensesVietnamXinh is 53 years old and has three children. Her family lives in Nga Son district, a coastal region of Thanh Hoa, one of the poorest provinces. Her husband died and the fin...Read their story >
- FarmingNigeriaIshaya is a maize farmer from the rural area of Kaduna, a state located in northern Nigeria who looks forward to earning higher profits from farming. As a member of Babban ...Read their story >
- General StoreKenyaElizabeth is 41 years old. She is not married but blessed with one child. She has had a general store business for 10 years and earns a monthly income of KES 25,000
<...Read their story >
- CerealsKenyaConstantine is a 49-year-old mother of three children living in Eldoret, a town surrounded by prime agricultural lands that favor large-scale grain farming, dairy, and hort...Read their story >
- General StoreUgandaJosephine is a wonderful, hardworking woman who tries her utmost to provide her family with a decent life. She is married and blessed with four childen and lives with her f...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Crista, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 8,997 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.