Join Crista's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- ComputerIndonesiaGood day lenders! Meet one of KBMI’s clients, Maria. She is fifty-one years old and married with two sons and one daughter. Maria and her husband run a business of selling ...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesMarissa is 46 years old and married with 11 children. She works hard to provide for her family.
She runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a PHP 1...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesColombiaMilagro Del Carmen is an enterprising 41 year old woman and resident of the city of Soledad where she has a business selling snacks. Milagro has always enjoyed making foods...Read their story >
- ClothingPhilippinesTeresa is 56 years old with four children. She is a very hard working entrepreneur.
Teresa has a business selling ready-to-wear clothing in the Philippines. She ...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesGuatemalaThe traditional colored blouses or "huipiles" that Mayan women in Guatemala wear are true works of art.
The colors and designs can reveal social status, religion...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Crista, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,044 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.