Join Lisa's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StorePhilippinesMelanie is 37 years old and married with three children. She is a very hard working entrepreneur. She runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a PHP 16,000 lo...Read their story >
- SewingJordanWejdan is a 33-year-old Jordanian married lady, and a mother of 4 children. Her husband works in the military but this income is not enough to cover the family’s growing ne...Read their story >
- General StoreKenyaRasto is 27 years old, married and has two children. He has had a retail business for four years selling assorted shop items like sugar, milk, cleaning detergents and calli...Read their story >
- CattleKyrgyzstanZharkyn is 60 years old and married, with 5 children. She has a high school education. By her nature she is kind and caring. She has been raising crops and animals for 35 y...Read their story >
- FarmingPhilippinesGemma is a married woman, who is 52 years old with four children.
Gemma has a farming business in the Philippines. Gemma requested a 15,000 PHP loan amount thro...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Lisa, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,444 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.